2.1 OTA delayed again

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I dont understand the rooted community's mentality to constantly pressure or suggest people to root. Chill, if I wanted to root I know how to search google.

People have been resting their hopes and dreams on this 2.1 update for a couple months now. The anticipation today was like the arrival of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem. This website was so slow today, I could barely get around.

No one is being forced into rooting, just offering up a solution for those who will be completely let down by not receiving the coveted 2.1 update today.

-Mike

jcardona1

Reaction score
hmm. thanks goodness for all these guys building these awesome ROMs. i wouldnt hold my breath for the official 2.1 :)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have bigger fish to fry

droid1.jpg

i cried a little on this one

huskur

Reaction score
It's still coming guy and gals. Not to worry.....very soon. Like as scheduled soon.

Source= Verizon corporate office. Just talked to them @ 14:45

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It's still coming guy and gals. Not to worry.....very soon. Like as scheduled soon.

Trusting Verizon is like walking blindfolded across a busy intersection.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Makes sense. Sometimes, infrastructure issues can be fixed quickly. Other times, it takes weeks.

Purgatory

Reaction score

good to know, and I hope you are right, because I think we might have a riot on our hands if they are wrong. I will say, they went with a company that HP owns? The worst programming comes out of HP... idiots

tehpriest

Reaction score
People have been resting their hopes and dreams on this 2.1 update for a couple months now. The anticipation today was like the arrival of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem. This website was so slow today, I could barely get around.

O no it is not. When Jesus comes we will all get it at the same time. Trust me I have a source on the inside :p

zerodamage

Reaction score
I removed DroidMod in anticipation of getting this update. I noticed an hour or so ago that my Speech Recognition Engine wasn't working on the recovery image from DM Updater. But I was willing to wait a day or two for 2.1 OTA but now, I am back on DroidMod with the 2.1 keyboard and 2.1 Gallery. I will consider unrooting again WHEN I actually see people using the official 2.1 and hear about first hand from my users. I will not waste my time again and I doubt I would give Motorola my business again after this. HTC seems to be the Androids of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.