Reaction score
I have bigger fish to fry

droid1.jpg

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I extend my arm to all you folks not rooted to visit out hacking help section, and install ESE53 and be done with it :)
I dont understand the rooted community's mentality to constantly pressure or suggest people to root. Chill, if I wanted to root I know how to search google.

You know, you either root, or you don't. Me offering to walk someone through or pointing them in the direction of rooting shouldn't bother you.

If it does, you need to get out more.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Here's a question. If, in fact, VZW has found a bug in the 2.1 version set for OTA distribution, what makes anyone think the same bug is not present in the various "leaked" version of the update?

It may of course be a bug introduced by Verizon's modification of the updated code but if that's the case, why is it assumed that such modification isn't needed for phones running on the Verizon network?

It's very likely that whatever problem has been discovered at this late date affects only a tiny percentage of phones out there. But when you're distributing an operating system to hundreds of thousands of phones even a tiny slice of that market is important and problems can result in thousands of unhappy customers.

You mean a bug like..."oops we forgot that we left adb with root permissions?"

I doubt its a bug thats delaying it. Just my two pesos.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
MotorolaHi Everyone - We are looking into this new update and will definitely share with you what we find. Please patient with us! Thank you!9 minutes ago

This is from Facebook, but it is from Motorola.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
AndroidCentral is reporting it's actually server problems. Which would indicate there isn't problem with the 2.1 build, but simply the delivery of it.

faxman75

Reaction score
The first and most important lesson in customer service of any kind is to over estimate, not under estimate. Motorola continues to set itself up for failure. They should have said the update was coming in May and then everyone would have been happy when they got it in April.

jlukes

Reaction score
Is there a 2.1 apk that can be installed for those that aren't rooted?

Mysfit

Reaction score

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's a question. If, in fact, VZW has found a bug in the 2.1 version set for OTA distribution, what makes anyone think the same bug is not present in the various "leaked" version of the update?

The screen cap STILL refers to ESE53 with a .03P baseband. In other words, it IS NOT a bug in the build since they're still saying that will be the version (if any of the code was recompiled, the build would change, plain and simple - same with the baseband version)

At this point, it would only make sense that the delay has something to do the backend infrastructure as it relates to delivering the update. As an IT person, I can say that MANY times, deployments have to be postponed at the last moment, because of infrastructure issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.