2.0 Theme or rom issues or requests post here.

rompage

Reaction score
I'll admit I haven't done a search for these at all, nor have I spent any time trying to fix these issues. Normally I do (which is why I have such few posts).

I am having trouble with my browser when I theme (black out). Stock browser...as soon as I hit it, it force closes. When I re-run the stock zip through recovery it works. Just got the phone today, rooted it, wiped all partitions then two factory wipes. Installed 2.0 and 2.0 gapps and tested Rom (friggin awesome, best of the bunch naturally). Removed ADW and launcher 2. Then I themed it through settings and thats where I lost it.

I'm going to switch gears mid post. Just realized that I have no contacts, nothing synced. I lost gapps. After re-installing gapps it's synced again but email is gone and browser still fc's. Installed gapps and 2.0 with no wipe and its all good.

My girlfriends phone on 2.0, same procedure of wiping and installing. She was doing well with rockin rainbows then on a reboot, lost her galaxy widget even though it is selected.

Thanks!

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
sorry

im sorry and im known to ramble on :) but i cant make heads nor tails here. other than the galxy x widget it might reset when changing a theme since the setings are cahnged with the theme try turning it back on and see if it doesnt stick if you stay on the same theme. let me know. i have not had any problems with it sticking but gflam did 1 time but wasnt a continued thing so im thinking its due to the theme switch. but the browser theme and thisu i jsut dont understand :)

I'll admit I haven't done a search for these at all, nor have I spent any time trying to fix these issues. Normally I do (which is why I have such few posts).

I am having trouble with my browser when I theme (black out). Stock browser...as soon as I hit it, it force closes. When I re-run the stock zip through recovery it works. Just got the phone today, rooted it, wiped all partitions then two factory wipes. Installed 2.0 and 2.0 gapps and tested Rom (friggin awesome, best of the bunch naturally). Removed ADW and launcher 2. Then I themed it through settings and thats where I lost it.

I'm going to switch gears mid post. Just realized that I have no contacts, nothing synced. I lost gapps. After re-installing gapps it's synced again but email is gone and browser still fc's. Installed gapps and 2.0 with no wipe and its all good.

My girlfriends phone on 2.0, same procedure of wiping and installing. She was doing well with rockin rainbows then on a reboot, lost her galaxy widget even though it is selected.

Thanks!

rompage

Reaction score
Yeah I just read what I wrote, what a mess. My apologies, I was messing with the phone while typing.

Basicly when I apply black out theme, the browser no longer works. I have reinstalled a fresh rom with a wipe and it still happens.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
so your saying that

Yeah I just read what I wrote, what a mess. My apologies, I was messing with the phone while typing.

Basicly when I apply black out theme, the browser no longer works. I have reinstalled a fresh rom with a wipe and it still happens.

the browser works but after apply blackout theme it forcecloses?
as a fix try installing one of the alternate browsers for now but i will have gflam look into thsi. let me know i am understanding this correctly.

rompage

Reaction score
yes. I just got it remedied in settings by reinstalling the browser, the phone seems to be doing pretty well now.

Thank you.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alright i'll look at the blacked out browser tomorrow or well i guess later today after class and will post here when it's fixed and send a push as well i guess. I'll have it fixed around 11am est

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
random reboots started last night. was on p3 250-1000 so tried slayher 900. same thing.
getting fc on process lfupdater.ui (sourcery updater) just before this happens too.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
????

random reboots started last night. was on p3 250-1000 so tried slayher 900. same thing.
getting fc on process lfupdater.ui (sourcery updater) just before this happens too.

What theme.
did you restore with something such as my favorite Titanium Backup.
did you install fix 1 (the frequenciey setting problems with setcpu) are fixed by this and although not mentioned other by 1 person before causing force closures maybe this is indeed related if its happening to you.

99% of all force closure / reboots issues since 1.0(those were my fault) have been due titanium backup restores.

But hard to diagnose without any info. Good news is this is not common so should be able to figure it out.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does the airmail app need to be in system/app to have the push notifications work correctly? I already had it. So it reinstalled to data/app and I deleted the one in system/app. Also is there a list somewhere of what exactly Alt #1 and Alt #2 browser, contacts, messaging and music are? I assume one of each is the MIUI version? What are the others?

Thanks for a great Rom!

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
hmmm

Does the airmail app need to be in system/app to have the push notifications work correctly? I already had it. So it reinstalled to data/app and I deleted the one in system/app. Also is there a list somewhere of what exactly Alt #1 and Alt #2 browser, contacts, messaging and music are? I assume one of each is the MIUI version? What are the others?

Thanks for a great Rom!

ok on the airmail app dont know but should work installed in data app as long as it registers the sourcery push in its programs.

the current experimentals are listed in the OP of 2.0
the others are not listed because they change. they are rotated around and cahnges to continue the magic so on bored days you might have something new .

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok on the airmail app dont know but should work installed in data app as long as it registers the sourcery push in its programs.

the current experimentals are listed in the OP of 2.0
the others are not listed because they change. they are rotated around and cahnges to continue the magic so on bored days you might have something new .

Thanks for the quick reply eagle. The airmail app does register Sourcery push so I'm sure it's fine.

I saw the OP of 2.0, thanks for the heads up on the changing alternate ones.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Blacked out theme was just updated to fix the browser force close to get this fix reapply the theme from settings

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sometimes when I use the reboot recovery option from the power down menu, it does a hot reboot instead. Immediately doing the option again it goes onto recovery.

Edit: just did it again when I tried, 20 min later

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

What theme.
did you restore with something such as my favorite Titanium Backup.
did you install fix 1 (the frequenciey setting problems with setcpu) are fixed by this and although not mentioned other by 1 person before causing force closures maybe this is indeed related if its happening to you.

99% of all force closure / reboots issues since 1.0(those were my fault) have been due titanium backup restores.

But hard to diagnose without any info. Good news is this is not common so should be able to figure it out.
using intensity theme, apps were not restored by TB prior to this. have restored some after it happened though but TB not issue here.
fix 1 had been done.
cpu boost is uninstalled too.
seems to happen when noting else is going on, only happened when idling.

just got push notification but nothing happens. not sure what user should do when that happens. airmail shows there has been 2 notifications but no other info.