Wireless Tethering redirect Help

Fera6037

Reaction score
So ive been rooted since before the whole gingerbread update and all, one of the most useful rooted apps i use is the wireless tether app. I rooted after the gingerbread update just fine and everything went well but i didnt use the wireless tether app for a while after. Well i went to use it the other day and it now redirects you to a verizon page trying to get you to sign up with them. Is there a way around this, maybe a new app or something i can do so that verizon will not be able to tell and automatically redirect to their page? Ive searched back a few pages to see if anything had been posted but i didnt come across anything.

Thanks for the help

mjs1015

Reaction score
No way around it unless to flash cm74d2 GB. That is an aosp rom with no gingerblur or any other aosp based rom. I'm running it and the tether app works great.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
F

Fera6037

Reaction score
Theres no way around it aside from flashing to another rom?

PDAtric

Reaction score
Try flashing Wugfresh Tether Patch...

I'm on Liberty 3 and was having the same issue after getting Froyo but was pointed to this patch and it seems to work just fine for me so far.

I don't have the link for ya sorry but I just googled it and found it I think on these forums here or check XDA... good luck!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums