Using Tether on Droid2 2.3.3 - rooted

juv3

Reaction score
That's the version of the Wifi tether app I got, google it I found it long time ago...I'll see if I can upload it

Sent from Droid2 Global GB.607 Using Tapatalk

Riayoko

Reaction score
Oh okay I will check on it sometime today. Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Riayoko

Reaction score
Okay I used this method and it work as far as connecting to internet but browser gets error "secure connection failed xml.freecause.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate" it says the certificate is only valid for dunsp.vzw.com what's the fix for this?

juv3

Reaction score
Ok try tethering without the wifi-encryption

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
desperate!

Like everyone else, I recently lost root when GB installed. i tried the One Click D3 Root Method with no luck. i was told to do an SBF recovery to go back to Froyo. i FINALLY got to the Andy Android/! screen and RSD Lite said PASS but when I press on the magnifying glass, nothing happens...Andy is stuck on the screen. I am using my old HTC Touch Pro2 which has major issues and I no longer have internet because I get it by using wireless tether. If anyone can help me fix my D2 and bring her back to life with wireless tether working, i would be the happiest person ever! i have no clue what I am doing when it comes to working on my phone...obviously. Anyway, thanks in advance! please send me a PM if you are willing to take my dilemma on. I REALLY REALLY appreciate it!

loki993

Reaction score
I had some issues with rsd lite too when I tried to sbf back to froyo. I'm on the phone so I can't look but check the cyanogenmod gb thread. Second or 3rd post there is a post with a link to an easy sbf for driod x. Foto that thread and there is another link for the d2 version. Its an iso for a linux live cd. Burn it, run it. The sbf file and program are built in. It runs a scipt and it comes right up. Put the phone into stock recovery, different then bootloader. It tells you how if you don't know how, I didnt. Plug in phone and run. After that factory reset, clear data and cache. Again if you don't know how it tells you how. Reboot and you back to stock unrooter froyo. That's is its super easy.

loki993

Reaction score
Ok its actuall like 4 or 5 down. Its brad92. Its the easiest sbf for droid x. Click that link. Make sure when you go there though to click the other link to the driod 2 version beacuse they're phone specific. The dx one will not work and id imagine could brick your phone.

Three6mafia1665

Reaction score
Got it

1st of all i'm using Wifi Tether for Rooted users 2.0-Pre7 (one to rule them all) it says.... for some reason the User control won't work but you can use the Wifi-Encryption option if you want to control who connects to you, so when you 1st turn it on it says it's tethering and your computer connects but when you go to a site it sends you to The verizon telling you to Sign up for tethering and so,.... so what you do is go back to the app and stop it from tethering, then go to the Phone's settings and put the phone in airplane mode for 5 seconds or so and then turn Airplane mode off which is a well known work arround for installing sertain apps, once you get the 3G signal again head to the Tether app and start tethering again and connect your computer again and it should work...
This method worked for me using Wifi Tether 2.0.7 (wireless_tether_2_0_7.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.7 - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting) on my Droid2 2.3.3.

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
Hi there,

I recently flashed back to Froyo to tether wirelessly but the darn VZW did an ota update again so I am back to GB. Thankfully, I am now rooted but cannot tether. Could you possibly walk me through the steps of what you said in this post? You can send me a PM with your response. Thanks so much!

TrebsDroid

Reaction score

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
After spending two days trying to figure out how to tether on GB, I came across the idea of SBFing back to Froyo and seeing if I could stop OTA updates. Success!!

juv3

Reaction score
After spending two days trying to figure out how to tether on GB, I came across the idea of SBFing back to Froyo and seeing if I could stop OTA updates. Success!!

U don't know what ur missing... GB is so much better plus u can tether just need to research on this post or wiki forum

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
What does CM7 mean? I use Open Garden to tether with Froyo and I stopped GB OTA update because I cannot figure out how to get tether to work with it. I don't have internet at home unless I tether and I have already spent several days trying to figure it out. If you would be willing to walk me through it, I would greatly appreciate it. You can send me a PM. Thanks!