Wifi Tether and TBH Patch

borge12

Reaction score
I'm on rooted .596. I installed the TBH tether patch and boot up wifi tether. When trying to connect another device through wifi, it redirects me to the verizon sign in page. Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

milski65

Reaction score
You flashed the tbh tether patch? I could be wrong, but it's my understanding you need to download the wireless tether apk as well, and there are a few. Google wifi tether v3 1-beta2.apk I've seen some threads mentioning this will work. Just install via computer, tranfer to sd card and open apk in astro. Or you can try to google it from your phone and find the link to download.

Sinestro99

Reaction score
I've patched and dl'd the apk and haven't had success. I did originally have an older non beta version of the apk installed. I read on a thread (can't remember where) that you had to run the patch before installimg the apk. If this is the problem how can I fix? Droid X Liberty GB .9

This is the page it takes me to
http://dunsp.vzw.com/newSelfProvisioning/SelfProvisioning

milski65

Reaction score
If you have the apk on your computer just uninstall it on your phone under settings/apllications/manage apps. Then reinstall apk again. Or if you did by phone just find the site you downloaded diredt to phone and reinstall. Only two options I can think of. Edit: If you have titanium have you tried to freeze the tether apk? I'm thinking there is also a tbh untether patch floating around somewhere. Do you have that as well if needed?

Snow02

Reaction score
I've patched and dl'd the apk and haven't had success. I did originally have an older non beta version of the apk installed. I read on a thread (can't remember where) that you had to run the patch before installimg the apk. If this is the problem how can I fix? Droid X Liberty GB .9

If you got that page, you're not patched.

Sinestro99

Reaction score

If you got that page, you're not patched.

I booted into recovery, installed zip from sd card, and it said it completed.

c_mack9

Reaction score
ok i flashed back to froyo, rooted, flashed current gb sbf. no ROM, just stock GB, how do i get the tether to work? everything im finding in my searches is old and doesnt work. start from scratch, pretend i have nothing, please include DL links if you can.

milski65

Reaction score
Don't know how to link, but google Wugpacked GB Tether Patch before you go the tbh way. It seems to work without issue, and you're at the perfect spot right now. You are on the tbh 2 part rooted gb right?

c_mack9

Reaction score
yeah, its for my friends dx. i'll try it out soon. thank you for the help.

Sinestro99

Reaction score
Don't know how to link, but google Wugpacked GB Tether Patch before you go the tbh way. It seems to work without issue, and you're at the perfect spot right now. You are on the tbh 2 part rooted gb right?

I found the Wugpacked patch and it works perfectly. Using tether currently for testimg even though there is WiFi available.

Thanks!

WugPacked GB Tether Patch [All-In-One Zips]

This is where I found the patch that worked for me

Reaction score
How to get WiFi tether working:

1. Download and install this:
android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

2. Open Settings and change Device-Profile to Motorola Droid X (CDMA)
3. Set up an encrypted network
4. Make sure DNS servers are set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (or something that's not VZW's DNS servers)
5. Install the TBH patch and reboot

Should do it. The one thing I didn't see in this thread was #2, and that does make a difference. Good luck.

c_mack9

Reaction score

I found the Wugpacked patch and it works perfectly. Using tether currently for testimg even though there is WiFi available.

Thanks!

WugPacked GB Tether Patch [All-In-One Zips]

This is where I found the patch that worked for me
this worked but only after i went into the app settings and changed it to droid x cdma. that should be included in their instructions but its left out. also dont install both of the downloads, like i did...