[WIP] Froyo Kangerade V1.0 *testers needed*

samsonite801

Reaction score
Yeah I did play with many of those other settings on ADW Launcher, and really liked it, but the deal breaker was the missing 2 shortcuts in the dock, but now that you mention the new one has option for all 4 maybe I'll give it a shot again. Is it in the market, or I guess I'll go look. THANKS for pointing that out.

briangp

Reaction score
I haven't seen 4 icons in the ADW launcher yet? I did as you mentioned, but the dots just disappear and remains with 2 icons. I'm fully up to date.

Also I'm having issues, have been for awhile, for that matter with my signal dropping and coming back all of a sudden. I'm sure its the baseband issue. I'm still running the older one from CM its ver -.3P I think? Anyways, I've seen in a previous post in here with a newer baseband, is that stable with Froyo?

Isaiah

Reaction score
I haven't seen 4 icons in the ADW launcher yet? I did as you mentioned, but the dots just disappear and remains with 2 icons. I'm fully up to date.

Also I'm having issues, have been for awhile, for that matter with my signal dropping and coming back all of a sudden. I'm sure its the baseband issue. I'm still running the older one from CM its ver -.3P I think? Anyways, I've seen in a previous post in here with a newer baseband, is that stable with Froyo?

Dots -> disable dots -> enable four (action?) buttons (icons). you have to enable the extra buttons, not just disable the dots. and yeah, I've got that network problem weird

samsonite801

Reaction score
I take it you haven't toyed with any of the other baseband versions yet? You might try that. I found somewhere instructions (I downloaded the zip file packages) to downgrade the versions if you for some reason decide that the upgrade made it worse. And I also think if you were to take a Nandroid image before doing a baseband update, then if you revert back to that image it should also restore the baseband version back to the one it had when you created that image. Because I remember updating mine to latest version and then later it seemed like it always wanted to get stuck on 1x more often than 3G so I went back to older images and the baseband went back too. Also, when I put the Kangerade on mine once I remember it went back to a previous one. So it wouldn't hurt to try. It might also be worth trying to do the *228 SEND Option 2 which is to program your local towers into your phone for better function. It does something like that.

EDIT:

*228 SEND - Option 2 is to 'Program your phone's roaming capabilities', so whatever that means, it can't hurt to try it.

Last edited:

ngomez

Reaction score
terminal keeps fc on 2.2 :( really want stock launcher or themed, dl'd from rm themed launchers to no avail

samsonite801

Reaction score
Hey, I played with ADW Launcher for long enough to realize that you cannot get 4 shortcuts into the dock. So then I went back to LauncherPro and realized that I definitely DO like it a lot better anyway. The new update came through on the market the other day and they just even added in a cool little thin scroll bar indicator so when you're scrolling through the home screens you can see a thin bar like on the side of web pages that shows how far to the left or right you are. It like it way better than the dots thing that the Nexus One has.

But back to ADW, there is no option for 4 shortcuts on the version that JRummy supplied in this v1.0 build.

droid_maine

Reaction score
Hey, I played with ADW Launcher for long enough to realize that you cannot get 4 shortcuts into the dock. So then I went back to LauncherPro and realized that I definitely DO like it a lot better anyway. The new update came through on the market the other day and they just even added in a cool little thin scroll bar indicator so when you're scrolling through the home screens you can see a thin bar like on the side of web pages that shows how far to the left or right you are. It like it way better than the dots thing that the Nexus One has.

But back to ADW, there is no option for 4 shortcuts on the version that JRummy supplied in this v1.0 build.

Okay, I am happy that you found a solution that makes you happy. :icon_ banana:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

However, for the rest of you who are trying to figure this out, here are a few tips... I hope this helps...

The version of ADW included with Kangernade 1.0 does NOT allow 4 shortcuts. You also cannot use the market to update this version, as it was designed be included with ROMs so the market does not see that it is installed...

The Dev, Ander Webbs has 2 install methods available... one to be added to Custom ROMs and the other is a Standalone version to be installed on any compatible ROM.

The newest version of ADW can be installed from the market without removing the current version.

After you install it you will see 2 ADW's on your launcher list. One will have a blue icon and the other will have a white one. The blue one is the newest version, the white one is the included version.

All I run is ADW currently... I have removed all other launchers... and yes I have 4 shortcuts.

The latest version of ADW on the Android Market allows you to do all that was stated above. Including the scroll bar on the right hand side in the app drawer as you move it.

Here is what I am going to do to help you all out...

The newest version of ADW has back-up and restore options for your settings. (I have Version 0.8.6 Standalone) I am providing my backup files for you to use that are already set up with the 4 shortcuts. All you will have to do is set up whatever shortcuts you like.

Here are the instructions for using my backups...

Below I have attacked 2 ZIP files.

Inside the backup ZIP there are 2 files. (adw_launcher.db and adw_settings.xml) Unpack and place both files on the ROOT of your SD Card. (not inside any folders)

Inside the other zip is a copy of the APK installer for ver 0.8.6 of ADW launcher. You can place the .apk on your SD card and use a file manager to install.

Now for the fun part...

Assuming you have ADW (ver 0.8.6) installed from either the market or my attached ZIP, go to your ADW home screen and choose the menu button, then ADW Settings... Then choose 'Backup and restore".

From Backup and restore, choose "Restore ADW Settings", and tap OK. Then choose "Restore desktop configuration" and tap OK.

That is it, you should be all set....

samsonite801

Reaction score
Hey guess what? I just figured out that the newest update of LauncherPro Beta in fact has a SCROLLING DOCK! ...And you can put up to 15 personalized shortcuts in it. You can even program the Drawer button to be ANY one of those 15 possible slots or have multiple drawer buttons if you prefer. To see all 15 shortcut slots, just fling the dock with your finger to the left or right and the dock shortcuts SCROLL. I'm a lifer now. LauncherPro Beta is pretty cool.

Last edited: