Windows Style TaskBar and Start Menu For Android

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
6b70b4a2b431848db18039b36e733f92.jpg

Most of you here love to be on the cutting edge of technology. This means that you endure growing pains and early adoption bugs. You also get to endure bad decisions like the decision made by Microsoft to remove the start button from Windows in favor of the touchscreen interface. The touchscreen interface is nice and all for folks with touchscreens but its a mess if those with a keyboard and mouse. The new interface was pretty controversial when Windows 8 was released. Enough fuss was raised that Microsoft will be bringing it back in later updates.

The Start menu is beloved that some Android developers decided to bring it to Android. You will need to be rooted and have the Xposed Framework installed. The taskbar module by developer "leducbao" brings the start button to your Android device. Click the button in the bottom left hand corner of your screen to launch the taskbar which allows you to quickly switch between apps. Head to the link below for the download.

Via XDA

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
It looks very good. Almost a direct copy from Windows 7. I will have to give this a try.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm going to try it on my Edge. I wonder how easy it will be to customize the GUI to my likings?