Will the Droid Bionic give usuta simultaneous voice and data?

jstwondrng

Reaction score
All,

Sorry if this question has been asked, but with LTE, will this give the Droid Bionic the ability to do both voice and data simultaneously? It would be nice to talk to a friend and still be able to surf the web.

jstwondrng

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using LTE, yea. 3G, no. Right now the only LTE phone that can do it over 3G too is the T Bolt.

OP
jstwondrng

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Ok, now I'm even more excited about getting it Thursday... Hope I'm one of the lucky ones :icon_ banana:

holjes

Reaction score
Wait, how does the tbolt do data and voice simul over 3g? I thought it was a limitation of the 3g standard employed by verizon on cdma.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
I cannot say with 100 % certainty but from what I have read The tbolt has two radios allowing for simultaneous talk and data.

Das one hella Bamf ta knock the 3 sense in ya!

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Wait, how does the tbolt do data and voice simul over 3g? I thought it was a limitation of the 3g standard employed by verizon on cdma.

From what I heard, the TB has a new radio in it called SVDO or something like that. That allows it to get a data connection while talking on the phone.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

holjes

Reaction score
I cannot say with 100 % certainty but from what I have read The tbolt has two radios allowing for simultaneous talk and data.

Das one hella Bamf ta knock the 3 sense in ya!

No wonder the battery life has been less but stellar on the tbolt. An extra radio to power certainly cant help.