Will Factory Reset clear passwords?

Lenagainster

Reaction score
We received two Certified Like New replacement Droid2s from VZW to solve an ongoing screen freeze problem with our originals. Activated the replacements, and we are supposed to send the originals back within five days. After activating the replacements, I did a Factory Reset on the originals in hopes of removing any passwords that may be visible. Can I be sure these original D2s are clean? I really don't want to go through the ordeal of changing passwords again. Thanks for any insight.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What passwords? You mean passwords in the browser for websites that require login?

If so, these will be erased as it will be reset to how it came factory. All information will be wiped.

OP
Lenagainster

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Specifically, the password used to log into my Google account. And Picasa. I guess they are gone. I imagine lots of folks send phones back to VZW without doing a factory reset, and all their information could be exposed. Can't imagine that VZW is that careless to let that become an issue.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Factory reset will remove all information and bring your phone to how you received it when you first got it. Passwords, settings, apps everything will be gone. The only thing that wont be erased is an OTA if you received one before you did the reset.