Known Issues with 2.1 Update that a Factory Rest fixes

segen77

Reaction score
I searched this thread, and didn't see an answer to this. It appears that pics dont show up in the gallery for a while unless you do something with the pic right after you take it, or you go into astro and view it there. I have already done the 30 sec battery pull and that fixed some of the other issues. Do you know if the factory reset is the only solution to the gallery issue, or if it will even fix it?

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I searched this thread, and didn't see an answer to this. It appears that pics dont show up in the gallery for a while unless you do something with the pic right after you take it, or you go into astro and view it there. I have already done the 30 sec battery pull and that fixed some of the other issues. Do you know if the factory reset is the only solution to the gallery issue, or if it will even fix it?

I'm not sure. I haven't taken many pictures since the update, but the ones that I HAVE taken showed right up...sometimes they're a blank spot in the gallery, but if I click them, they load right up and then they show up as thumbnails. Not sure if that was before or after I did a reset...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MrMan

Reaction score

prior to rooting mine, i completely wiped my droid. rooting complete, i am still experiencing this problem. i end up have to restart the phone before i can see those images i just took. also, i'm using handcent, and unfortunately the issue of pic messages received are only showing up half the time unless i reboot.

donerico

Reaction score
I wish I had not done this. I cannot get swype to work again, no matter what I do. Searched all the threads and none of the solutions work. I had the official 5612 version and I cannot get it back, and the suggested workarounds for 5652 are not working.

donerico

Reaction score
I wish I had not done this. I cannot get swype to work again, no matter what I do. Searched all the threads and none of the solutions work. I had the official 5612 version and I cannot get it back, and the suggested workarounds for 5652 are not working.
Well, looks like my problem was with the installer. I was re-runing the original installer that I got from my original Beta welcome email. Got the email re-sent to me, downloaded the installer again and then the app and it seems to work, still need to use the 5652 workaround though.

ReadNotReed2007

Reaction score
WTF AppBrain?! I synced my Apps with appbrain, all of them showed up. Factory restored my phone, downloaded the appbrain app, hit Sync with Appbrain and all it did was replaced ALL my apps the 5 pre-installed apps I already had onto the AppBrain website, didnt put any of my old apps onto my phone. I guess now I have to go and download every single ****ing app again. Bull****

2001400ex

Reaction score
WTF AppBrain?! I synced my Apps with appbrain, all of them showed up. Factory restored my phone, downloaded the appbrain app, hit Sync with Appbrain and all it did was replaced ALL my apps the 5 pre-installed apps I already had onto the AppBrain website, didnt put any of my old apps onto my phone. I guess now I have to go and download every single ****ing app again. Bull****

I did the same thing, which is fine. I had done a astro backup recently, so I used that as my guide. Took a while, but functional.

Either way, was way worth it to do!

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
when people suggest to do a factory reset is it supposed to be more effective if you decide not to check the box that let's you back up settings?????? that's the one thing I don't get. my battery life is only decnt at best and the broweser seems slightly more sluggish since update.

FyrJammer

Reaction score
2.1 issues

I have read a lot of issues people are having since the update. One issue I did not see (maybe I missed it somewhere) is the issue with the camera. When I try to use the camera, it looks fine in the screen, take picture, outcome is washed out completely white (outdoors) or very dark (indoors). I do power reset and it works ok for one or two pictures then it does it again. I tried one of the camera apps (pro paint) and it does the same thing.
Anyone else having camera issues?

dadamsx

Reaction score
I have read a lot of issues people are having since the update. One issue I did not see (maybe I missed it somewhere) is the issue with the camera. When I try to use the camera, it looks fine in the screen, take picture, outcome is washed out completely white (outdoors) or very dark (indoors). I do power reset and it works ok for one or two pictures then it does it again. I tried one of the camera apps (pro paint) and it does the same thing.
Anyone else having camera issues?

I saw this today! nice call

bimmerbill

Reaction score
Anyone have a FAQ for backing up app data? My droid has been laggy since I did a manual update to 2.1. I'm a smart phone noob... I didn't see a FAQ in the FAQ section.

jnd121

Reaction score
Just wanted to report that I experienced the issue with Picasa web albums not appearing in my gallery after the 2.1 OTA update, and no option to turn on sync in the "accounts & sync" settings. Tried powering off and on a few times and playing with the settings in my Google account, all to no avail. Then I decided to take the plunge and do a factory reset / cache partition wipe using the "more involved" method outlined above, and I am happy to report that this issue is now resolved. Kewl!

Thanks for all the help on this forum!

I tried doing the normal factory reset and I still do not have the option to sync Picasa web albums. I can upload pictures to Picasa from the Gallery app though. Do I need to wipe the cache partition?? I really don't feel like resetting again!

jnd121

Reaction score
I booted into recovery and saw you can wipe the cache partition without doing the factory reset. I gave it try, but no luck in regards to Picasa sync... :(