ATTENTION: 2.1 Known Issue

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Gotta agree. Get it right before giving it to us. Personally I'm in no hurry. There is no be-all, end-all feature in 2.1 that I need right now.

I'm more anxious about getting Flash than 2.1 myself.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
WOW if I was one of the people who paid 575 plus tax for a nexus 1...I WOULD BE PISSED:mad:.......Not to throw salt, but I wonder how many of them dropped the droid to get the next best thing.
I hope they get that fixed, no body want to pay good money for a device that has flaws.
Looks like verizon holding off on the nexus until spring is now a wise decision.

Every new device has flaws. The Droid had its camera focusing problem. Anyone who wants to buy a product when it first comes out so they can have the latest and greatest must also be willing to deal with the problems that come with it.

qoncept

Reaction score
It sure seems like Google doesn't ever do any integration testing. It almost seems like they never even use their software after fixing a bug and before releasing it to the public. If they'd gone through even basic testing, how could removing a widget from the homescreen not have been attempted? The Google Voice app has had several "how could you possibly miss that?" bugs as well. For everything Google does right, they seem to have completely missed the boat on software testing.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
WOW if I was one of the people who paid 575 plus tax for a nexus 1...I WOULD BE PISSED:mad:.......Not to throw salt, but I wonder how many of them dropped the droid to get the next best thing.
I hope they get that fixed, no body want to pay good money for a device that has flaws.
Looks like verizon holding off on the nexus until spring is now a wise decision.

Every new device has flaws. The Droid had its camera focusing problem. Anyone who wants to buy a product when it first comes out so they can have the latest and greatest must also be willing to deal with the problems that come with it.

Yeah, I hear you that every new device has flaws, but now that companies are getting more experienced with these phone, and all the time they spent testing the thing. One would think they would have came across that problem. It is one thing to just have a bad phone, its another to have simple features not work like they suppose to.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
FWIW. . .I'm running 2.1 and have been for about a month. The only "bug" I've experienced is that the phone actually unlocks when the slider is opened. Other than that, it's worked flawlessly.

Oh. I guess I should mention that the PROzoom app seems to FC and continually cycle an FC.

But other than that, I love it!!!!!

same, no issues here. been running 2.1 flawlessly for awhile now. i only moved to it because home++ was so damn bugged and i wanted 5 screens

qoncept

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear you that every new device has flaws, but now that companies are getting more experienced with these phone, and all the time they spent testing the thing. One would think they would have came across that problem. It is one thing to just have a bad phone, its another to have simple features not work like they suppose to.
And this isn't some obscure, hard to test, rarely occuring bug. There's really no excuse for this to have not been caught.

windstrings

Reaction score
Same reason I haven't installed Vista or Windows 7... xp works!
When they get rid of the obvious bugs, then they can push it.

craigcap

Reaction score
FWIW. . .I'm running 2.1 and have been for about a month. The only "bug" I've experienced is that the phone actually unlocks when the slider is opened. Other than that, it's worked flawlessly.

Oh. I guess I should mention that the PROzoom app seems to FC and continually cycle an FC.

But other than that, I love it!!!!!

same, no issues here. been running 2.1 flawlessly for awhile now. i only moved to it because home++ was so damn bugged and i wanted 5 screens

So interesting how many people have different experiences - I love Home ++, never have any issue, and frankly with 2.1 i've been thinking "great but I really like Home ++ and would like to keep it despite add' screens on 2.1".

On the other hand, I actually loaded the 2.1 gallery - and as much as I think its very cool and was needed, I have issues with it. When I install, the first time I view gallery pics they looks great. But as soon as I close out and open gallery back up, when I open pics the quality is terrible (ya know how you open a pic and it's blurry for a second, then clears up? Well, it doesn't clear up). So I uninstall, reinstall. I wonder if it's that I still aslo have the original gallery app on the phone. Whatever it is, hope there's a fix b/c otheriwise as cool as it is, its completely useless to me :mad: