Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I booted into recovery and saw you can wipe the cache partition without doing the factory reset. I gave it try, but no luck in regards to Picasa sync... :(

Cache us just temporary storage of info basically. The factory reset clears up the issues in the op. All that clearing the cache will do is tidy things up a bit...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jnd121

Reaction score
I booted into recovery and saw you can wipe the cache partition without doing the factory reset. I gave it try, but no luck in regards to Picasa sync... :(

Cache us just temporary storage of info basically. The factory reset clears up the issues in the op. All that clearing the cache will do is tidy things up a bit...

That's what I figured. I did a factory reset prior to that (not through the console) and it did fix the Google Earth issue, but not the Picasa sync issue. Very strange...

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's what I figured. I did a factory reset prior to that (not through the console) and it did fix the Google Earth issue, but not the Picasa sync issue. Very strange...

When you say, "not through the console," are you saying you did it through menu options? Not sure what you mean by console.

Also, after the reset, did you check your accounts and sync settings under your gmail account to see if Picasa was an option?

Nedyahwerd

Reaction score
I thought I saw in another post a factory reset is the only option to remove the "New Voicemail Icon" even when I have NO voicemails. Is resetting my best option? I backed up my apps with Appbrain, exported my contact list to the SD card but I was wondering if all my existing texts will be wiped out?

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I thought I saw in another post a factory reset is the only option to remove the "New Voicemail Icon" even when I have NO voicemails. Is resetting my best option? I backed up my apps with Appbrain, exported my contact list to the SD card but I was wondering if all my existing texts will be wiped out?

Yes, your existing texts will be wiped out. However, there's an app for that on the market. I believe it's called "save SMS". It'll allow you to back them up.

Not sure about the vm icon issue. I use Google Voice for vm. I'm assuming you've tried simply rebooting the phone before doing a complete wipe/reset.

Also, unless you've changed your sync settings, there's not really a need to export contacts to your sdcard, because they sync/save to your gmail account online and will automatically be resynced back to the phone after you log in again prior to the reset.

Nedyahwerd

Reaction score
Yea I tried the reboot and did not work.

Thanks for the response. I got the SMS backup app and I am going to do the reset here shortly. Wish me luck!

Nedyahwerd

Reaction score
Was a lot easier than I was thinking it was going to. It worked to boot. I did make an error with Appbrain. Also I forgot to sync my contacts and lost one persons numbers. Fairly painless process.

A few other things got fixed too that I had no clue about or forgot. My phone now tells me when I have an e-mail. Being a new user I totally forgot/remembered that.

Thanks again for the help Jonny.

rctp10

Reaction score
if you have a problem with the weather force closing on the clock widget go into applications and clear the data on the htc weather and that should fix your problem ive had this issue with 2 different erises. this update was needed but what a JOKE...THATS HTC FOR YOU

Moto Droid
B.B V 1.0 1.2 Ghz Bekit
Nexus Mod

jamisles02

Reaction score
If I do have to reset my droid to get the Picasa issue, how long does it take for the 2.1 update to up?