How many times were you forced to do a factory reset?

How many times were you forced to reset your Droid since you've had it?

• 0 (Lucky b*tch...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-4

• 5-9

• 10+

• Total voters

vonfink13

Reaction score
i have had the droid since the day it came out and only once for me, because i was going app & widget crazy and one of them just did not agree with my work e-mail...i have since uninstalled gde and loads of other silly stuff....

crspang

Reaction score
None for me either. My guess would be that you're loading an app/apps for android 1.5 or lower or you're running an anti-virus app.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Nope, no factory resets for me. I have had my DROID since Day One they were released. I maybe had 2-3 battery pulls. Nothing like owning a Storm. This has been the BEST Device for me to date. I have very little it no complaints about it.

unknowndroid

Reaction score
Zero, Zip, Nada. First one in line at my VZW store on release day, 11/06/09. Have had to do 1 battery pull when phone locked up about 4 weeks ago. I think my longest uptime without any restart at all was 47 days.

mcinvaille

Reaction score
No resets or battery pulls

I have downloaded and removed several apps and use the phone a lot as a music player, phone and e-mail and web to include tethering. However, I haven't gotten too curious about ROMs and hacks as of yet and so far not even a battery pull. I do hate the fact that while plugged in the thing is semi useless sometimes but not always. Had mine since the last week of November.

Itamar

Reaction score
No hard resets here and I've got a fair amount of mods as you can see from the list below in my sig line.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
none. had it since 11/6/09... NOT stock either.

OP
A

_atlas

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I went to verizon after work today and wouldn't take no for an answer. I'm now happily with a brand new droid. *Fingers crossed*

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Zero factory resets for me, and only one battery pull. The battery-pull happened before 2.0.1 came out. No issues at all since 2.0.1 was released. In fact, I just passed 1,000-hours of uptime! (Uptime is the time since the phone was last rebooted -- find it on Settings | About Phone | Status). The last time my phone was rebooted was the day 2.0.1 was released.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did a factory reset last night for only the second time on this Droid. The first Droid I owned had some problems so it went back. When I got the second Droid, I inadvertently used my secondary GMail account as my primary on the Droid. After about 2 months of it being this way I decided it was time to do the factory reset and get my real GMail account as the primary. I must say, not only did I fix my primary GMail account issue, it also really fixed some of the lag issues and sluggishness I don't even think I was aware of. Now it's like right from the factory. I actually recommend doing a wipe periodically if you find it's acting slow for you.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Never done one, don't even know how. I've never done a battery pull either.