DroidX Factory Reset?

bill hansen

Reaction score
Ever since I got it, my DroidX has been limited in the sense that I could never synch music and podcasts with iTunes, using DoubleTwist. Some folks may remember my posts to this forum about this problem. Trips to the Verizon store for tech help, and a call to Verizon tech support, haven't resolved the problem.

However, "drag and drop" using Windows Explorer, has always worked quickly and easily until now. Now "drag and drop" is getting funky too - things don't always go into the same Droid folders to which they've been dragged, and some things such as "Science Friday" podcasts won't go into the Droid at all.

I recently saw the thread about wiping data from the Droid, and I've been wondering if using the Factory Reset option would be likely to help. Is there a similar path for the DroidX? (There doesn't seem to be a Settings/Data/Factory Reset as such.) I know I'd lose all my data, but it would be worth that, if there's a good chance that I'd get the ability - *for the first time !* - to synch using DoubleTwist, and (if I still couldn't synch with DoubleTwist) to recover the ability to use "drag and drop" accurately.

My assumption is that wiping data wouldn't help. There was probably something different about my particular DroidX right at the start, since it was never able to synch with iTunes. But the local Verizon store says it isn't their problem. If the Factory Reset option isn't likely to work, should I send this phone back to Verizon for a factory refurb job?

Thanks - Bill Hansen

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Bill, not sure if it would help bit your factory reset is located under settings-privacy-factory reset.

Im not sure of your other problem but wanted to make u aware of that reset location.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

bill hansen

Reaction score
Thanks - That's good info to have. I may go ahead and do that reset, if this new problem progresses any further. I guess I have nothing to lose escept time and the few dollars I've spent on apps, Am I correct that if I send the phone to Verizon for refurb, they'll wipe it clean anyway?

Bill