Fb and Sync issue with BB 7.5?

pyro6128

Reaction score
I've had 7.5 for a while without the fb app. Today I edited the xml file in framework.res so that verizon wireless wouldnt show up on my lock screen. After rebooting, every time I tried to go into account syc the phone would reboot. I found another thread that mentioned the fb app having something to do with this, normally I use bloo. So I downloaded the fb app and logged in, and the problem was solved and I could get into accounts sync and get everything working. I then uninstalled the fb app (again since I use bloo), but now I can't add fb in the account sync. After I click add account, only corporate and google pop up. I just downloaded the fb for android app again, and the problem is solved again. Is there some other way to fix this? Or is this a known issue with 7.5 and I should finally just upgrade?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had 7.5 for a while without the fb app. Today I edited the xml file in framework.res so that verizon wireless wouldnt show up on my lock screen. After rebooting, every time I tried to go into account syc the phone would reboot. I found another thread that mentioned the fb app having something to do with this, normally I use bloo. So I downloaded the fb app and logged in, and the problem was solved and I could get into accounts sync and get everything working. I then uninstalled the fb app (again since I use bloo), but now I can't add fb in the account sync. After I click add account, only corporate and google pop up. I just downloaded the fb for android app again, and the problem is solved again. Is there some other way to fix this? Or is this a known issue with 7.5 and I should finally just upgrade?

We've exchanged several comments about 7.5 and how pleased we are with that particular version. Hopefully, you made a backup before modifying the Verizon Wireless. Why don't you just do a restore from that backup?

Mike

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
I did, when I first initially ran into the issue, i figured something had gone wrong with the xml file. So i did an advanced nandroid restore. Brought me back to before I messed with any of that. But then when I went into account sync the reboot issue persisted.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did, when I first initially ran into the issue, i figured something had gone wrong with the xml file. So i did an advanced nandroid restore. Brought me back to before I messed with any of that. But then when I went into account sync the reboot issue persisted.

Wow! I don't know how to recover from that.

Mike