Droid freezes during factory reset & hard reset

cboling99

Reaction score
Hello!
My friend gave me the original Droid with qwerty keyboard. I am all set up and his email accounts are still on there. It also has no new updates on it- hasn't been used in about a year.
Removing the email accounts didn't work, so it says I have to do a factory reset to clear all previous info. I go into Privacy and hit it and it goes to the "M" for Motorola and freezes. Sits for over 10 min. before I pull the battery out to turn it back on.
I also tried turning it off and and pressing "On" and "X" buttons at the same time per tech support. Same thing- freezing!
I really want to make this phone work for me and the resets are freezing.
It also has an SD card in it.
Is there anything else I can do to reset this phone?

Any advice/direction would be so greatly appreciated!!
Carrie:)

barryp3403

Reaction score
Some sites instruct that you remove the SD card.

Hello!
My friend gave me the original Droid with qwerty keyboard. I am all set up and his email accounts are still on there. It also has no new updates on it- hasn't been used in about a year.
Removing the email accounts didn't work, so it says I have to do a factory reset to clear all previous info. I go into Privacy and hit it and it goes to the "M" for Motorola and freezes. Sits for over 10 min. before I pull the battery out to turn it back on.
I also tried turning it off and and pressing "On" and "X" buttons at the same time per tech support. Same thing- freezing!
I really want to make this phone work for me and the resets are freezing.
It also has an SD card in it.
Is there anything else I can do to reset this phone?

Any advice/direction would be so greatly appreciated!!
Carrie:)

This site includes instruction to remove the SD card before doing the hard reset:

How to Hard Reset a Motorola Droid | eHow.com

Please let us know if this is successful.