What will be the best Android phone 2 months from now?

mitchb2

Reaction score
I got an IT job (yay) and because I'll be on-call I'm assuming the company will get me a phone or at least pay for the plan.

So what do you guys think will be the hottest phone this Summer/Fall?

driftsucky

Reaction score
My motorola droid for 2 reasons.
1) Hello Moto
2) Droid Does.

2 catchy logos for the price of one. There is no better phone than that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will be the new one that is coming out in November for Black Friday. :)

Since a new Droid is coming out every 6 weeks, who really knows?

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I just watched a Droid X review. It doesn't seem to bring much to the table.
Although lack of a slide-out keyboard will mean lots of good case options.

cpjr

Reaction score
^^^Right. So if your wanting a phone for reasons other than its slogan......

Within the next 2 months, most likely the Motorola X or Droid 2, Im personally diggin the X. This is assuming your wanting to stay Android since your asking on an Android forum.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
This is assuming your wanting to stay Android since your asking on an Android forum.

Yeah, I think so. I'm enamored of the new iPhone but I think Android is the future. Now they have hired a UI guru to improve the OS, I think it's going to keep getting better.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Summer, Fall?

X or Fascinate on Verizon. I woulda said Inc but I think the Fascinate is gonna cause problems for the Inc, the X too.
The other new Samsung phones thats on the other carriers.
EVO 4G.

The new Samsung phones are gonna throw a monkey wrench in things for HTC and Motorola.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I'll never buy another smartphone until all the reviews are in regarding the camera. What a dog the Droid turned out to be in that department.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Impossible to say. There are so many phones being released each month that there is no way to predict what will be available. Also, best is different for each person. If the DroidPro9000 was released tomorrow with a dual core 5ghz cpu but no physical keyboard, I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't consider it the best because they consider that missing keyboard to be a must have. Also, rumored phones could get pushed back or nixed, so it's hard to go off rumors alone. I think as of today, it's safe to say that the Droid Incredible and the Evo have the best specs. The X can be added to that list in a few weeks. The original Droid is still the best available if you want a physical keyboard. Outside of those, who knows!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I find shockingly I don't use the physical keyboard that much. Swiftkey lets me go faster.

So the next upgrade for me will be something thin as long as I can put Swiftkey on it.

However there is no phone on the market now that is so much better than the Droid that I would even consider upgrading.

Maybe in a year.