7$/month 150$ deductable or 10$/month best buy no deductable hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

mydroidworks

Reaction score
7$/month 89$ deductable REFURBISHED or 10$/month best buy 10$ deductable BRAND NEW

So you can either pay 7$ a month to verizon and if u drop and crack open your droid, you can get a new one for 89$(correction) or you can pay best buy 10$ a month provided u bought your droid there and u can intentionally smash your droid into pieces and then have a brand new one given to you that day or sent over night hahha I did it....I smashed my droid in front of a best buy employee just to test the insurrance and they gave me a new one instantly.....so which one do u think is better hhaha just some info for anyone who bought a droid at best buy.... its worth the 10$ extra a month.....

UPDATE>>>> I bricked my phone to the point of no return and I cracked the screen..so I decided to test out the best buy option again today, and I went in and told them my situation and they gave me a BRAND NEW DROID out of the box, switched my sd card, activated it and all I paid was 10$.....I pay 10$ a month, but it's better than verizon for 7$ a month and they give u terrible refurbished phone in 2 days waiting time for 89$ duductable...that sucks....believe me or not....it's your money and droid......go into best buy and ask them and they will tell the same thing.....It's funny how people just assume I'm lying or I work for best buy,.....I actually hated best buy until I found out I could do this....AS MANY TIMES AS I WANT::: now if I did it everyday they would say somethign, but a few times if you actually break it or crack the screen you can keep trading it in for a new one!!!!! thanks, just thought i would let anyone know...it's a great service/replacement plan!!!!

Last edited:

thelion

Reaction score
The deductible on my VZW insurance is $89.

In addition, I tend to dislike BestBuy insurance because they have screwed me - repeatedly - in the past. They like to use any reason to deny a claim. YMMV. Buy at own risk.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes the deductible for a new "smartphone" unit on verizon wireless is 90$. Whoever told you 150$ if anyone, was lying to you. Yeah i'm not huge on the bestbuy insurance.

OP
M

mydroidworks

Reaction score
I called to confirm its 89 for the rogue I used to have but 150 for the droid its 750$ new call them and check tomorrow I'm pretty sure its 150 u just had 89 until u upgraded....the droid is more positive

thelion

Reaction score
$59 for non-smart phones, $89 for smart phones as of a day ago.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I called to confirm its 89 for the rogue I used to have but 150 for the droid its 750$ new call them and check tomorrow I'm pretty sure its 150 u just had 89 until u upgraded....the droid is more positive

it's 89$ and 599$ retail. Where are you getting these numbers from?

Droids

Reaction score
lol, I dont' know who you called but it's $89 for the Droid, and brand new retail cost is about $550 to $600 without a contract, not $750.

silvere2

Reaction score
So you can either pay 7$ a month to verizon and if u drop and crack open your droid, you can get a new one for 150$ or you can pay best buy 10$ a month provided u bought your droid there and u can intentionally smash your droid into pieces and then have a brand new one given to you that day or sent over night hahha I did it....I smashed my droid in front of a best buy employee just to test the insurrance and they gave me a new one instantly.....so which one do u think is better hhaha just some info for anyone who bought a droid at best buy.... its worth the 10$ extra a month

Why are you telling weird lies?

Silverwing

Reaction score
I smashed my droid in front of a best buy employee just to test the insurrance and they gave me a new one instantly.....so which one do u think is better hhaha just some info for anyone who bought a droid at best buy.... its worth the 10$ extra a month

Forgive me, if I don't think you are telling the truth.

RedBull

Reaction score
Sad thing is...even if he is telling a story...it is true. You can pretty much destroy the phone and Best Buy will replace it if you have the service plan on it. It can't be fixed, and they don't have refurbs...so you get new. Verizon may not have refurbs right off the bat, but I'm sure they'll be coming. (Actually...Asurion will have the refurbs)

Now as to actually destroying it in front of an employee...hard to say on that one.

They don't cover full submersion, or theft/loss. But last survey that was taken regarding accidental damage from handling vs. theft/loss, 7% of the claims were for theft and loss. That's why they went that direction (ADH).

For those who have had problems with Best Buy...get with a manager. If that doesn't work...call their customer relations department. Eventually you'll get someone who has enough power to make the decision and help you if you're in the right.

RedBull

Reaction score
Oh...and it's not insurance with them...it's a service plan. If you crack the screen (or whatever the issue may be), they give you a loaner phone, send out yours, get it fixed and then swap your loaner for the repaired phone. Usually about a 2 week turn around...

OP
M

mydroidworks

Reaction score
it's ok.... all i know is that I pay 10$ and tested it out...the employee told me you could smash it and they would give you a new one, so I did and they gave me a brand new....obviously the employee didnt say he saw me smash it haha.....so I wouldnt recommend it, but yes for 10$ a month best buy will replace your droid with a NEW not refurbished droid and if they can fix it there they will, if not they will send you one overnight, not two weeks and I called in MARYLAND and it's 150$ deductible, so maybe it changes by state...or I am going to be pissed if 4 verizon people are lying to me....haha not sure I will call again and keep saying that you all are confirming it's only 89$....again not trying to start a nerd fight....this is just from my experience...I would rather pay 10$ and no deductible than 7$ and a 89$ or 150$ deductible.... also yes best buy can suck sometimes, but if you just find a dumb employee haha you can get anything returned or exchanged...etc... also sir.... they are 750$ retail at best buy 199$ 2yr contract....now they dropped, but 2 days ago, they were 750$....k I am done here I can't listen to all you nerd commenting on this haha...so either take my best buy advice or keep paying extra fees to verizon.... I promise you can literraly smash it and get a brand new phone the next day.....TRY IT if you don't believe me

OP
M

mydroidworks

Reaction score
haha its cool...go try it...maybe not in front an employee, the guy seemed cool, and i asked him if I could just to test it and he said yes haha.....no hard feelings, but it works

dbarrett480

Reaction score
you sound like you work for best buy. The "protection plan" Best buy sells is garbage. It is only an 89$ deductible for the droid through verizon. I could also walk into walmart and buy a droid for full retail for 500$ or 559$ at a verizon store or their website. I don't know where you are getting your numbers, but you are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.