7$/month 150$ deductable or 10$/month best buy no deductable hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have Best Buy's insurance for my Droid. It is $15 a month for the plan that covers EVERYTHING and there IS a $100 deductable.

J-Buck

Reaction score
I couldn't just break an electrical device like that. thats such a waste...

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
I pay roughly 2.50/month and no deductable and it covers everything except for nuclear war / act of terrorism type stuff

Only downside is they don't give me a replacement droid. They give me a check for 600 and it can take several days to a couple of weeks. Of course this means I can replace on my own with whatever is the latest and greatest device and use the check to reimburse my costs. So for me its a positive.

Oh and its a state farm personal articles policy added onto my renters insurance and that same cost also covers my laptop and dslr camera.

thelion

Reaction score
Yep I forgot to mention that. Not only do I have VZW's insurance but I have my personal renter's insurance that covers electronic devices up to $1000. And it doesn't pay out what I paid for the Droid but the cost to replace it with a comparable unit (which would be retail price).

If you don't have renter's insurance, I suggest you get it. You'd be amazed what that covers: accident, theft, loss of all sorts of devices. Even when you aren't at home.

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
To be fair, if I didnt get the personal articles policy there would have been a five hundred deductable for just the standard coverage In my renters insurances . With the policy there is no deductable

OP
M

mydroidworks

Reaction score
again now that I read so many different posts, I can only say in marlyand or dc best buys, it's 10$ a month with no deductible and yes you can break it or smash it on purpose or by accident and they will give you a new one same day or next day....not trying to start fights or be a ****, also for some reason my deductible is 150$ for the 7$ verizon plan....I am in maryland/DC so maybe its different or maybe its cause I bought from best buy and not verizon store....also i hate best buy employees usually and i dont work there haha...100%.. so yeah also they are 750$ retail at my best buy...I guess it just differs by state, but who wouldnt pay 119 or 199$ and just get the 2 yr contract......k, im done....i wont check this anymore so talk all the **** you want haha I could care less...all I was trying to do is state that my best buy has an amazing coverage plan and I tested it and I called to ask, they will replace as many times as long as it' not a result or WAR or TERRORISTS LOL HAHAHAHHHAHA seriously the fact that they have to even put that in there just means anyone will sue for anything is this counrtry hahaa....WAR!!!! come on

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

mydroidworks

Reaction score
i know man I was off that point a while back, read..... I said they were 750$, which they were a few days ago....they just lowered the price....what, no one care anymore let's juts delete this whole thing...all I am saying is that verizon says that my deductible is 150$ so **** them if you have a 89$ one, but I dont care cause I have a 10$ a month fee and I can smash my phone and receive a brand new one instantly so i could care less...bye, not responding anymore...don't care, ooh wow u looked up best buy in maryland, that's tough..who cares 599$ or 750$ I wasn't talking about that

derekgio

Reaction score
Does the Best Buy insurance / warranty also cover loss or theft? I know the Verizon plan will cover loss and theft in some cases (with deductible). We are considering the Verizon plan since our friends phone was recently stolen.

OP
M

mydroidworks

Reaction score
good question

Does the Best Buy insurance / warranty also cover loss or theft? I know the Verizon plan will cover loss and theft in some cases (with deductible). We are considering the Verizon plan since our friends phone was recently stolen.

I'm not sure man all I do know is that u can smash it to pieces, drop it by accident or intentionally and they will 100% give u a brand new one same day if they have one in stock.....ill check on lost or stolen but probably not man because everyone would take advantage of that just saying its lost getting a new one and selling it even with ein serial numbers people could get away with it......ill check tomorrow for u ...but anyone who call bs on me just go in and try it its only 10$ prove me wrong u skeptical ***********...why would I make this up .....now maybe it varies from state to state but in dc and maryland I have received 2 new droids already with no trouble at all!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

AquaDan88

Reaction score
After reading the fine print on the packet they give you, I opted to go with the verizon plan. If you read the fine print, it says they'll try and fix your phone before giving you a new one, and I also saw (I think) that they will charge you for a temp phone (up to $150).

thelion

Reaction score
Wow. It seems you haven't had much dealing with BB and their warranty programs. I don't trust them. They scam folks left and right. BB warranty and insurance will try to screw you if you let them. I'd rather just deal with VZW. Oh, and my Droid that I got replaced was brand new, too. From Asurion.

Zodduska

Reaction score
This guy is so full of ****.. smashed it in front of an employee.. riiight.
Pick someplace else to write your angst filled teenage fantasies.

Last edited:

Dr01d

Reaction score

This was the deciding factor for me. When I was buying my phone the BB employee quickly presented me with a laminated comparison sheet. Side by side categories with yes/no columns. Check, check, check, BB all the way down! Yes, yes, yes! Why would I ever choose anything else?!?!

Oh.

Last row. Theft/Loss-No.

I smashed my droid in front of a best buy employee just to test the insurrance and they gave me a new one instantly.....

I smashed my droid in front of a best buy employee just to test the insurrance and they gave me a new one instantly.....so which one do u think is better hhaha just some info for anyone who bought a droid at best buy.... its worth the 10$ extra a month

Forgive me, if I don't think you are telling the truth.

not forgiven, I DID IT AGAIN TODAY IDIOT

To the OP. Am I to understand that on two separate occasions you have stood in front of a BB employee with a perfectly functioning 600 dollar phone and "smashed it" to test the insurance?

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I went to BB with the girlfriend when I got an email through their rewards program that the Eris was only $49, so we went together and got her the phone with my coupon.

The insurance they offered in Illinois was $10/month and covered most things not including theft or losing it, but like someone mentioned earlier, they would try and fix it. This generally meant sending it in and taking up to 2 weeks. You didn't pay a deductible, but if you didn't have an old phone or backup you were sort of screwed. If they decided they couldn't fix it, you'd get a new one or a check for the retail price of when you bought it to put towards a new phone.

I didn't specifically check for the phone, but for other BB warranties, you can only claim it once. After that, you're done, so it better be good and broken. Granted, they are a little different, in that you don't pay per month, and you purchase a service plan. So it's possible that doesn't apply to phones.

In any case, the deductible was more than worth the 2 week delay and hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.