What can I do with a stolen Droid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeJxn

Reaction score
I was scammed on Craigslist (will never happen again) and the guy who I bought it from is saying he'll give me my money back but he told me he's in another state right now, so I don't think I'll be getting my money (or atleast anytime soon)

So what can I do with a Droid that I can't activate?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was it stolen, or was it on the blacklist for the ESN because of a suspended account (usually non pay)? If it was stolen, it might be a good idea to contact your local police. To be sure if it was stolen, call *611 and have the tech look it up.

When you purchase things on Craigslist, you're taking an even bigger gamble than if you were purchasing on eBay with PayPal unfortunately.

OP
JoeJxn

JoeJxn

Reaction score
The guy told me this:

"Oh I'm sorry. That was my original Droid, and I had lost it, I called Verizon, they sent me a new one. Then I found that one and they said to go ahead and keep both, so I sold it to you thinking everything was fine"

Then he said he was going to call Verizon and get the ESN cleared for me, but he never did, and said he'll just give me my money back, so I call him today and he left the state "for a few days"

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you think you're in possession of stolen property, the only correct thing for you to do is file a police report....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
:closed_2:

Discussions like this are cause for permaban....Please take this as a hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.