My stolen droid is on craigslist for sale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Romple

OP is a chick? didn't even notice.. Well this changes everything!!!!... ...... lol

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
ok, I'm going to ask it, since noone else is..... (edit - some have I now see)

1. even if you THINK it is your phone, how do you know

2. how do we know this dude stole this phone and that this isn't just an ex-g/f trying to get back at her ex.

Cops not doing anything about this tells me that 1, she has no proof it was her phone

or

it's not really stolen, just in his possession (meaning, she bought her b/f a droid, they broke up, and now he's trying to sell it and she's pissed)

meanwhile, we got assholes on here who are calling this guy's number.... so much for 'innocent until proven guilty' so long as a girl asks you to harass a guy, huh

Oh please....

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score

2. how do we know this dude stole this phone and that this isn't just an ex-g/f trying to get back at her ex.

Cops not doing anything about this tells me that 1, she has no proof it was her phone

or

it's not really stolen, just in his possession (meaning, she bought her b/f a droid, they broke up, and now he's trying to sell it and she's pissed)

meanwhile, we got assholes on here who are calling this guy's number.... so much for 'innocent until proven guilty' so long as a girl asks you to harass a guy, huh

Oh please....

it's just as hypothetical as the O.P. is until some proof of stolen droid is offered. Meanwhile, it's just a bunch of keyboard bandits getting brave and harrassing some poor sap named Sergio because they are anonymous. good job

OP
toneyl

toneyl

Reaction score
toneyl;530562 This was really just a rant and a request to flag the ad since I couldn't do it alone. I still appreciate the support and laughs I got but I think I'll just stick to lurking :)[/quote said:
so, you don't think CL has to have more proof than just "he stole my phone, take his ad down" before they do anything?

Sorry, thread out of control. I'm not sure how I can prove this on a forum so never mind... don't flag it. F it! I've emailed CL already and provided them with proof. And the way CL works, if enough people flag an ad, it gets removed automatically.

Maybe the guy in the ad didn't steal my phone but if he didn't, he bought it hot from the guy who did. Wonder if they got a charger for it or if they "lost" it...

Anyhow, I'm out of here. Feeling worse now. I just want my droid!

warrior21

Reaction score
toneyl;530562 This was really just a rant and a request to flag the ad since I couldn't do it alone. I still appreciate the support and laughs I got but I think I'll just stick to lurking :)[/quote said:
so, you don't think CL has to have more proof than just "he stole my phone, take his ad down" before they do anything?

Sorry, thread out of control. I'm not sure how I can prove this on a forum so never mind... don't flag it. F it! I've emailed CL already and provided them with proof. And the way CL works, if enough people flag an ad, it gets removed automatically.

Maybe the guy in the ad didn't steal my phone but if he didn't, he bought it hot from the guy who did. Wonder if they got a charger for it or if they "lost" it...

Anyhow, I'm out of here. Feeling worse now. I just want my droid!
You don't have to prove it to anyone on here. I'm quite sure you have all the information you need and aren't just making something like this up. Hopefully this guy gets what is coming to him and don't worry about someone on a forum questioning your integrity. Good luck with however you decide to handle it

rebel541

Reaction score
Rant about it all you want, that's what internet forums are for! Ignore the one guy who demands proof of ownership of alleged stolen property, most of us here sympathize. Personally, I take your word for it. It seems like a lot of story to make up just to screw with poor 'ol Sergio....

SGTiger

Reaction score
it's just as hypothetical as the O.P. is until some proof of stolen droid is offered. Meanwhile, it's just a bunch of keyboard bandits getting brave and harrassing some poor sap named Sergio because they are anonymous. good job

Are you with the ACLU or are you the person who stole the OP's phone.

OP: Thieves suck, go kick his ass.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

or

Oh please....

Do you really think this guys (OP) gonna go thru all that time just to harass someone? Or that anyone here is really gonna call that #? Its like calling a # you find on the bathroom wall.. plus the # is posted on CL already..

Last edited:

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

or

Oh please....

Why are you even responding to this thread? You obviously don't agree with what the rest of us have to say (or you just want to be different), so why are you taking time out of your day to respond? Do you honestly think you're going to convince someone that the OP made all this up? How do you know that any of these guys wouldn't walk right up to this thief and smack him around before taking their phone back? You don't, so stop.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps with the excitement of Froyo I've kind of neglected this thread. It seems to me that we need some reminders here.

Let's be respectful to each other. Rant if you must but watch the language. And who care's if the OP is female or not what has that got to do with anything?

If CK sees this thread he's not going to be happy. I'm not thrilled. There is no reason to think the OP is not legitimate. Tone it down or we close the thread.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps with the excitement of Froyo I've kind of neglected this thread. It seems to me that we need some reminders here.

Let's be respectful to each other. Rant if you must but watch the language. And who care's if the OP is female or not what has that got to do with anything?

If CK sees this thread he's not going to be happy. I'm not thrilled. There is no reason to think the OP is not legitimate. Tone it down or we close the thread.

Sam is not happy either..

kpiskin

Reaction score
It would seem that Verizon could share your ESN information with metro pcs to verify ownership. They shouldn't be activating a phone without a clear and unlocked ESN. Sounds like Metro PCS messed up.

OP
toneyl

toneyl

Reaction score

Sam is not happy either..

Lisa is not happy either.. if you want to delete, be my guest. I had no idea this would happen... lesson learned. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.