My stolen droid is on craigslist for sale!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toneyl

Reaction score
My stolen droid is for sale on craigslist!!!

Hi all! I don't post much, mostly lurk but :heart: my droid and this forum.

My droid was stolen on Saturday :( Checking my verizon bill I found a call had been placed on the phone. Googling the phone number I found this craigslist ad: Motorola Droid Full flashed to metro pcs :icon_evil:. Could you please flag so he can't sell the phone? I responded with this ad: RE: STOLEN Motorola Droid Full flashed to metro pcs - $300.

I found out that the number in the ad is the new phone number of my droid! I actually talked to the guy. I've filed a police report, told Asurion, craigslist, Verizon & metropcs. So far, I have been unable to get it disconnected (I'm going again today). It sucks bigtime!!!

Anyhow, protect your droid! My poor droid is with a stranger now who doesn't care. Any my cases (I had two different ones) are gone. I should get my new (refurbished) droid tomorrow from Asurion but it wont be the same.

Last edited:

cuskit

Reaction score
Hi all! I don't post much, mostly lurk but :heart: my droid and this forum.

My droid was stolen on Saturday :( Checking my verizon bill I found a call had been placed on the phone. Googling the phone number I found this craigslist ad: Motorola Droid Full flashed to metro pcs :icon_evil:. Could you please flag so he can't sell the phone? I responded with this ad: RE: STOLEN Motorola Droid Full flashed to metro pcs - $300.

I found out that the number in the ad is the new phone number of my droid! I actually talked to the guy. I've filed a police report, told Asurion, craigslist, Verizon & metropcs. So far, I have been unable to get it disconnected (I'm going again today). It sucks bigtime!!!

Anyhow, protect your droid! My poor droid is with a stranger now who doesn't care. Any my cases (I had two different ones) are gone. I should get my new (refurbished) droid tomorrow from Asurion but it wont be the same.
I'm curious - you said you told the police. What was their response? I'd hope they are doing something about this! I'm sure you can prove ownership of the phone... And VZW - why aren't they shutting the guy down? They most definitely would know it's your phone! Befuddled - mikey

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Why dont you just say you will buy it then when you go to meet him, take police with you?!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why dont you just say you will buy it then when you go to meet him, take police with you?!
Or a gun.... ;)

Not a smart thing to do.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

marcogiudice

Reaction score
wow that sucks im sorry to hear that! how did it get stolen? and you should of had mobile defense on it so you could track it thro gps or lock the phone so no1 can use it.. well you live and learn i guess!

OP
toneyl

toneyl

Reaction score
I'm curious - you said you told the police. What was their response? I'd hope they are doing something about this! I'm sure you can prove ownership of the phone... And VZW - why aren't they shutting the guy down? They most definitely would know it's your phone! Befuddled - mikey

Since I didn't see them take it, police said even if they confront them, the person can just they they bought it off the street. They did take a report though... we'll see. I suspended my VZW account but it is now on MetroPCS. I tried to have MetroPCS disconnect yesterday but they said since I don't have the billing PIN it was set up with (by the thief) that they couldn't do anything. I'm going back today when a Manager is there and the Corporate office is open... I'll let you know what happens.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
why wouldn't verizon just shut down the service on the phone?

is it cause it's been "flashed"?

also, the police should be doing something about it...

OP
toneyl

toneyl

Reaction score
wow that sucks im sorry to hear that! how did it get stolen? and you should of had mobile defense on it so you could track it thro gps or lock the phone so no1 can use it.. well you live and learn i guess!

I was at work when it happened and they actually had it flashed to MetroPCS before I even realized it was gone. I did have mobile defense but just last week had to factory reset because my contacts weren't syncing properly and hadn't reinstalled it yet (but will when I get my "new" droid).

I though about meeting them but it's a few hours away and I'm not sure if I could get the police to participate :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Since I didn't see them take it, police said even if they confront them, the person can just they they bought it off the street. They did take a report though... we'll see. I suspended my VZW account but it is now on MetroPCS. I tried to have MetroPCS disconnect yesterday but they said since I don't have the billing PIN it was set up with (by the thief) that they couldn't do anything. I'm going back today when a Manager is there and the Corporate office is open... I'll let you know what happens.

I really hope it can be resolved for you. That is just so sad. Too bad the phone doesn't have a something like those explosive packs they put in money bags that you could trigger.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the police wouldn't help me, I know exactly how I would handle this.:icon_evil:

It would involve a friend, born in 1911 ;).

cuskit

Reaction score
Or a gun.... ;)
Not a smart thing to do.

ok, I get the different scenarios, but you gotta admit to the huge irony with that and your signature :)
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Backnblack - I was not really serious - just pisses me off that this guy might get away with this farce! Personally, I don't ever condone the use of guns... for other than target field use. mikey :)

EDIT: Hey! Just noticed I hit 1,111 post milemarker! Yippie!!!! :)

marcogiudice

Reaction score
how do you flash a droid onto metro pcs? i thought you couldnt do that, isnt metro a gsm network? so hows that possible? how did the steal it from you at work? someone must of had there eye on your phone for a while and it couold be a co worker yu didnt explain to me in detail

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not a smart thing to do.

ok, I get the different scenarios, but you gotta admit to the huge irony with that and your signature :)
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Backnblack - I was not really serious - just pisses me off that this guy might get away with this farce! Personally, I don't ever condone the use of guns... for other than target field use. mikey :)

EDIT: Hey! Just noticed I hit 1,111 post milemarker! Yippie!!!! :)

I know, but talk like that gives us that are allowed to carry a bad rap....

Status
Not open for further replies.