Stolen droid help

pyro6128

Reaction score
so my mom's friend's droid was stolen at the school where she treaches. All she had was where's my droid, but gps is enabled. She's also logged into latitude she told me. I told her to text gps my droid to her phone to get the gps location. What else can she do? Is there a way for her to utilize latitude without another droid? I feel bad for her because she very recently got it and was so excited. Only constructive suggestions please, no "should've had wave secure or mobile defense" or anything like that.

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
so my mom's friend's droid was stolen at the school where she treaches. All she had was where's my droid, but gps is enabled. She's also logged into latitude she told me. I told her to text gps my droid to her phone to get the gps location. What else can she do? Is there a way for her to utilize latitude without another droid? I feel bad for her because she very recently got it and was so excited. Only constructive suggestions please, no "should've had wave secure or mobile defense" or anything like that.

Did you try sending "GPS my DROID" to her phone? Should send the GPS data to your phone as well.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score

She can add latitude to her igoogle page if she has one setup if not its fast and easy just go to google.com/latitude and she should than be able to track the phone on the computer she should have installed "lookout mobile security" instead of "wheres my droid" as its like 100 times better but too late for that now. Google Latitude on the computer is her best bet.

Or if shes friends with someone on google latitude they should be able to pull up her map and let her know where the phone is "around" a smart theif will have already turned off the gps but this is a school we are talking about kids prob. downloading apps or some crap. if latitude doesnt work she can try calling the police they should be able to get exact location.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
They ended up recovering it. The kid who stole it had done it before twice before at another school, and my mom realized it and called the kids father and said if the kid has it and returns it, the teacher probably won't press charges, but if he doesnt she'll go to the police. So the kids dad tells the kid they caught him on camera again and that he needs to give it up or the police will get involved (to see if the kid really had it), and the kid cracked and gave it up. The kid was smart enough to take the battery out as soon as he took it, which is why the "gps my droid" didn't work. I told the woman to download wavesecure or mobile defense right away.

Riddick

Reaction score
Wave Secure or Mobile Defense wouldn't have helped in that case either.

montlyfool

Reaction score
No police involved? Geez, too soft. Done it twice before? He needs to be busted. Price of the phone is enough to get him into trouble. Either that or give me a crack at his backside.
Good she got it back. Smart kid, seems like he is in the business to steal and possible other things.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad she got it back. My phone is sometimes sitting on my desk but almost always is in my pocket or my hand. These smartphones are so small, yet expensive. The kid may have thought he could have used it like an ipod touch or something or maybe just didn't like the teacher! I agree the police should have been involved. While the phone got back to its owner it might not the next time.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
No police involved? Geez, too soft. Done it twice before? He needs to be busted. Price of the phone is enough to get him into trouble. Either that or give me a crack at his backside.
Good she got it back. Smart kid, seems like he is in the business to steal and possible other things.

Well the kid had done it twice before at another school and then had been transferred to my mothers school. Luckily she remembered reading up on his file earlier on in the year and was able to put 2 and 2 together. But yea, the cops didn't get involved. The kid returned both phones and now they're just keeping an eye on him. He's only 10 years old too