Well I got a Droid.. already frustrated.. please help

xythil

Reaction score
So I am following the videos at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...android-backups-custom-roms-etc-easy-way.html

I plug my droid phone in.. nothing pops up. I cant find it in explorer anywhere.

I go to my phone I unmount the SD card... to see if i remounting it would fix my problem but there is no option for this.

I am very frustrated at the moment. can somone tell me how ot remount my SD card and how to access it through my droid using my USB cable?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what rom are you trying to flash

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Obviously you trying to root so I can help you here on your thread. Personally I rooted with droidmod because it is faster and easier and you can use it to install other roms later.

jcardona1

Reaction score
so you mounted the phone to your PC and nothing pops up? that means you need to change the drive letter to something else as its already used on your computer

- right click My Computer
- click Manage
- click on Disk Management
- right click on the removable storage icon that youll see when the phone is mounted
- select 'change drive letter and paths'
- pick a different drive letter
- enjoy :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you mount your phone

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
soon as you plug your phone in to ur cmptr u will get a 3 prong item in notification lbar. pull down your notification panel click on usb connected click on mount

rkeller62

Reaction score
Settings->SD card and phone storage
If that is where you unmounted your SD card the option should now be to mount it.

To see SD card from pc, just plug usb cable into pc and then your Droid. You should get a notification on your Droid in the notification bar. When you select it there is an option to mount it for your pc. Once you select that you will see it like any other flash drive.

jcardona1

Reaction score
did you mount your phone

How do I mount the phone?

Also how do i remount the SD card for that mtter. I unmounted it in an attempt to fix this problem
LOL nevermind, disregard my post. i thought you at least had the damn thing mounted haha! slide down your notification bar on top of the phone, click the USB dialog and click mount

stormluvinlez

Reaction score
When you plug it in does it say USB connected on your phone? If it does then you swipe downwards the USB icon located in the status bar. You should then see -USB connected, select to copy files to/from your computer. Touch it and a box should pop up asking if you want to "mount", select mount and it should come up on your computer. Make sure you safely remove hardware from icon tray on your pc before disconnecting your phone, then select unmount on your phone.Hope this helps

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
If that is where you unmounted your SD card the option should now be to mount it.

To see SD card from pc, just plug usb cable into pc and then your Droid. You should get a notification on your Droid in the notification bar. When you select it there is an option to mount it for your pc. Once you select that you will see it like any other flash drive.

there is no mount option in options ;(

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

there is no mount option in options ;(

go into settings, sd card & phone storage

dredge

Reaction score
his computer doesnt recognize the droid
install moto drivers maybe? call verizon?