Well I got a Droid.. already frustrated.. please help

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
Then You definitely need to go back to droidmod, you can not take a rooted droid back to verizon. Rooting VOIDS your warranty if they catch you. You will have to unroot and get evrything back to factory.

Yeah stop what you are doing and mayb go back to droidmod before you mess something up.

Pilot if I go back to DroidMod 1.0 will I get back Tether? And the SMupdate utility?

Also if I choose "droid stock (no root)" from the SMupdate utilty will it unroot my phone to stock?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes and yes, plus if you decide you are goint to take it back you do not need to have a bunch of root folders on ur sd card.

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
yes and yes, plus if you decide you are goint to take it back you do not need to have a bunch of root folders on ur sd card.

if i just format the SD card that will take care of that?

I am not sure I am going to take it back I am still experimenting. Though the weight is really noticible. I didn't think I would notice an ounce.

But just ot be sure all I have to do is be on DroidMod 1.0 and at any time durnig the process I can go to Droid Stock(No Root) and it will basically factory reset my phone? Nobody will be able to tell I had ROMs or anything? And I am guessing I wont be able to DroidMod it again without starting over with your helpful post from last night?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What going back to stock will do is basically unroot your phone. So you go to 2.01 and wipe data.
I am not saying you have to stay with droidmod for good. I am suggesting you go to a less complicated rom (ie droidmod) until you take the time to learn your phone and decide if you are going to keep it. Sounds like you are not sure if you want to keep the droid; if you are not much for the keyboard the nexus should be out by the 23rd. So just turn in the droid and wait for the nexus if you choose.

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
What going back to stock will do is basically unroot your phone. So you go to 2.01 and wipe data.
I am not saying you have to stay with droidmod for good. I am suggesting you go to a less complicated rom (ie droidmod) until you take the time to learn your phone and decide if you are going to keep it. Sounds like you are not sure if you want to keep the droid; if you are not much for the keyboard the nexus should be out by the 23rd. So just turn in the droid and wait for the nexus if you choose.

how do i reinstall droidmod?

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
Ok pilotcharlse I went to Droid recovery mode

I formated the first thing and cache

then I went to install, and installed droid mod 1.0

So now if i use SMupdater and go stock my device will be just as it was when it came out of the box?

kristoff125

Reaction score
Return the phone, cancel your contract, get an iPhone, it's purdy and light, so it won't build your biceps when you make calls, I have yet to see anyone complain about the weight of the phone, I personally love the weight of it as I know it's a quality product and not a large piece of plastic.
Just to clear something up I've been wondering...how old are you?

devildog9999

Reaction score
I know it is really easy to flame this guy, but let's try to stay civil... lol!!! I would also love to know his age as well though. :icon_ lala: