Well I got a Droid.. already frustrated.. please help

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
alright guys i got it mounted to my pc. and mounting it remounted the sD card apparently in the card

So now I can access the SD card from my PC

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can I make a suggestion to save you time (unless you want to do it the long way for expreience) use droid mod to install everything for you then just install the ultimate droid 7.0 rom into your nandroid folder and then install the rom that way. So much faster IMO, but either way you choose I will help you the best way I can.

SANhacker

Reaction score
there is no mount option in options ;(

Sorry, but this thread is priceless.

You don't go to options to mount. You go to the notification bar and pull it down. It then gives you an option to share the contents of your SDcard with your computer. Select the option and then you will receive a message asking for permission. Grant permission and you are good to go.

I've been there and done that. To be contrite, I tried the same thing and FAIL was smattered across my forehead. Actually, it is now a seven head as I go through the years.

Bst of Luck and hope this helps.....

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
not to be mean or anything, but you need to work with your droid and learn it a little before trying to root.

plug it in to your computer and swipe the notification bar down from the top and select "mount".

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
there is no mount option in options ;(

Sorry, but this thread is priceless.

You don't go to options to mount. You go to the notification bar and pull it down. It then gives you an option to share the contents of your SDcard with your computer. Select the option and then you will receive a message asking for permission. Grant permission and you are good to go.

I've been there and done that. To be contrite, I tried the same thing and FAIL was smattered across my forehead. Actually, it is now a seven head as I go through the years.

Bst of Luck and hope this helps.....

when i try to download the droid root helper tools I get an "unknown" cant download on this device error

SANhacker

Reaction score
when i try to download the droid root helper tools I get an "unknown" cant download on this device error

Time out.
Take a breath.
This will all work out and I can assure you your warranty will not be void.

Just need a few details.
For example, do you have super user permissions in your application tab ???
This is the ninja looking thingy.
If you have the ninja, how are you trying to install DRH ???

Rest assured, we can work through this.

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
Can I make a suggestion to save you time (unless you want to do it the long way for expreience) use droid mod to install everything for you then just install the ultimate droid 7.0 rom into your nandroid folder and then install the rom that way. So much faster IMO, but either way you choose I will help you the best way I can.

Could you please provide me with the link and instructions to do this? This entire process is driving me crazy. Following this guys videos half of what he says doesn't work. I still dont understand what a nandroid is...

My phone is rooted... could i just install blackdroid 7 now?? Or what am i suppose to do? basically I see the little ninja full acess icon but thats it

*Edit* I just saw the posts on page three. Yes I have the ninja

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Could you please provide me with the link and instructions to do this? This entire process is driving me crazy. Following this guys videos half of what he says doesn't work. I still dont understand what a nandroid is...

My phone is rooted... could i just install blackdroid 7 now?? Or what am i suppose to do? basically I see the little ninja full acess icon but thats it

*Edit* I just saw the posts on page three. Yes I have the ninja

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/25263-seen-some-questions-here-video-droidmod.html

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you know what I will just post it here if you want

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;KnRfMrkIh-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnRfMrkIh-A"]You Tube[/url] part 2 You Tube[/video]
[video=youtube;NhC4wupUzeo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhC4wupUzeo"]You Tube[/video]​

[video=youtube;yw_54waGCyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw_54waGCyA"]part3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw_54waGCyA[/video]
[video=youtube;yw_54waGCyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw_54waGCyA"]part3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw_54waGCyA[/video]​

how to install droid mod if you prefer that. I got this from droidmod.org and the person who made it is luniz7 from droidmod.org

Neither I or DroidMod are Responsible if you brick your Droid!

In order flash a DroidMod with DMupdater for the first time

1. Go to Droidmod.org and Download [URL="http://downloads.droidmod.org/dmupdater-10.apk"]DMupdater
using your phones browser and install.
1A. Downloaded pack, touch to install (dmupdater-10.apk)
dmdown.png
dminstall.png
appinstalled.png

2. Once installed Click the DMupdater icon in your app drawer
dmup.png

3. A message box will pop up and ask if you want to root your phone
opendmtoroot.png

4. In order to load custom ROM's we need our phone rooted, so select "Root my phone"

5. The phone will now download the needed files in order to Root you phone (takes about 2 min or more)
rootingdl.png

6. When done downloading the root file another message box will pop up telling you how to reboot into SPRecovery (hold the x key and the power button while powering on)
rebootdirection.png

7. Turn your phone off
poweroff.png
poweroffok.png

8. Turn phone on and hold the power button and x key at the same time and you will come to this screen, dont worry!
IMG_1409.jpg

9. Now we need to push the volume up key and the camera key at the same time

10. Now we are in the SPRecovery menu
IMG_1410.jpg

11. Scroll down to "apply sdcard:update.zip" using your d-pad keys
IMG_1410.jpg

12. Select "apply sdcard:update.zip" with the d-pad button

13. It will upack what is needed and tell you that the install is complete
update.png

14. When done Select "reboot system now" (top where the pic is highlighted)
IMG_1410.jpg

15. Once rebooted, open DMupdater and a SU Request screen should pop up
15A. Make sure you check the remember box on the bottom left and allow
dmup.png
surequest.png
surequestremem.png

16. Now it will automatically download a flash image and new recovery image
recovery.png

17. Once downloaded we will be asked to update our recovery image, Select "I understand the risk"
recovupdate.png

18. A second screen will come up asking if we are really sure, Select "Flash recovery image"
recovupsure.png

19. Now we will be left with a ROM menu

20. Select "ROM menu"
rommenu2.png

21. Now select which ROM you want to install
ROMS.png

22. Now youve chosen your ROM, it will download the file

23. Now we are prompted to flash the ROM
23A. Select "Flash ROM"
flashrom2.png

24. Phone will reboot to SPRecovery
24A. Will automatically create nandroid backup
unpack2.png
nandroid.png

25. Now it should start unpacking the ROM you chose, just let it do its thing
unpack.png
upack.png

26. Once its all unpacked we now see a screen asking if we want to "wipe /data?" ( Use your volume keys to scroll up and down, and your camera key to select)
26A. If your coming from 2.1, choose "Yes, wipe /data", or "Wipe /data but keep apps"
26B. If your NOT coming from 2.1 then choose "No, keep /data" (most likely the option you will choose)
nowipe.png

27. Now you need to choose your "bashrc (for adb shell)"
27A. If your using DMupdater to root your phone and load DroidMod ROM's your probably not going to need to know what this is, so just select "Windows Non-Colored bashrc"
bashrc.png

28. Are you having trouble with Maps force closing? I dont have that problem so I chose "No"
mapsfc.png

29. Select Packages to Install (These are what I chose to install)
(*) 2.1 Keyboard (w/ Speech Dictation)
(*) 2.1 DeskClock
(*) Milestone Browser (MT) (has pinch zoom!)
( ) Minimum Brightness Hack
( ) Low-Brightness App
(*) Youtube HQ
( ) News and Weather Widget
(*) Wifi Tether
( ) OpenVPN (chances are if your reading this tut you dont know what this is so dont install it)
( ) Dropbear SSHd (chances are if your reading this tut you dont know what this is so dont install it)
package1.png

30. Now we scroll up and select "Finished" (remember! scroll with volume keys and select with camera key)

31. Another package screen will come up (These are what I chose to install)
31A. Scroll to "Finished" and select with camera key when done chosing
( ) AudioToggle App
(*) HQ Video
(*) 2.0 Lockscreen Vibrate Mod
( ) FLAC Support (Work in Progress) (chances are if your reading this tut you dont know what this is so dont install it)
( ) Milestone 2.0.0 Widgets
( ) G1 IM App (MSN, Yahoo, AIM all together)
package2.png

32. Select Music to Install
32A. Options are:
Milestone 2.0.0 (coverflow)
2.0.1 (Stock)
music.png

33. Now we get to choose our gallery
33A. Options are:
2.1 Gallery3D (Picasa, MT) (I chose this one my self)
2.0.1 Gallery (Stock)
gallery.png

34. Select any packages you want to remove (These are what I chose to remove)
(*) Corporate Calendar
(*) Remove Email (this removes the email app, not gmail or the gmail app)
(*) Remove Visual Voicemail Stub
(*) Remove Amazon MP3 Store
( ) Remove Facebook
( ) Remove Cardock
34A. Now scroll up and select "Finished"
remove.png

35. Now it will install all the packages you chose and remove what you chose to be removed and reboot
runremove.png

36. You are now rooted and running a DroidMod ROM!
36A. You can check this by going to settings>about phone>scroll down to "Build number"

If you want to flash to a different DroidMod ROM follow the same steps above but choose the ROM you want. Open DMUpdater and start with step 20.

If you want to flash the same ROM you already have installed because you want to add some packages or remove some packages

1. Open DMUpdater
dmup.png

2. Select ROM menu
ROMmenu.png

3. Select the ROM you just installed
ROMS.png

4. Screen will pop up saying it found the rom on the sdcard

5. Select "Flash tar"
foundrom.png

6. We are ready to flash the ROM
6A. Select "Flash ROM"
flashrom2.png

7. Phone will reboot into SPRecovery and will do a nandroid back up
nandroid.png

8. Phone will unpack the ROM, let it do its thing
unpack.png

9. Now just go through the steps for installing and removing the packages like above but dont wipe /data

If you would like to go back to stock 2.0.1 (no root)

1. Open DMupdater and select ROM menu
dmup.png
ROMmenu.png

2. Select 2.0.1 (no root), DMupdater will automatically start downloading the stock 2.0.1 zip file to your phone. This will take about 20 minutes or more, so go make a sandwich or something....haha
ROMS.png
updatestock.png

3. Once downloaded a screen will pop up saying the phone is ready to flash the ROM, Flash ROM
flashrom2.png

4. Phone will reboot and will load to SPRecovery screen
4A. Then it will automatically unpack the needed files and reboot again
update.png

5. Now we should be booting up

6. Now were booted up and should be on 2.0.1 (no root)
201esd56.png

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Xythil-
Just follow Pilotcharles747 help and follow his lead. and by all means click the link on reply #26! That is if you are hellbent on modifying the thing immediately. I kind of agree with Desmo and leave it stock for a bit.

So much for clicking the link...... Pilotcharles747 does it again......

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
click this link from your droid:

February 20, 2010 Camel 67 comments

DroidMod Updater has been released. Click this link directly from your phone’s browser.