Well I got a Droid.. already frustrated.. please help

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
Hey guys I don't want to litter the forums with more posts so I will just bump this.

Update:

I got blackandroid 7 on my phone.

I still need answers to all the questions I posted above.

I seemed to have lost the ability to tether. It was there on DroidMod 1.0 but atfer installing blackmod7 it is not there. How do I get it back?

Also, I was not able to overclock.

And as I stated the menus/browser still has some lag when I scroll through them. I was wondering why this is.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In the video I posted I had suggested you install titanium backup. You use that to backup all your apps including wifi tethering so that all you would have to do is restore it. All is not lost there is a link on here to install the apk of it I will look.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As far as o/c did you buy set cpu from the market and did you set it on auto detect.
And I have not installed the recent UD but I thought I read that you may have to install chevy kernels to o/c but I am not 100% sure about that.

bacalao

Reaction score
Hey guys I don't want to litter the forums with more posts so I will just bump this.

Update:

I got blackandroid 7 on my phone.

I seemed to have lost the ability to tether. It was there on DroidMod 1.0 but atfer installing blackmod7 it is not there. How do I get it back?

Also, I was not able to overclock.

And as I stated the menus/browser still has some lag when I scroll through them. I was wondering why this is.

I agree that you should have taken at least a few days stock, but too late now. LOL. OK, now not every ROM is going to have everything you want in it. Different people have different combinations, but I think in your if you dig around in those ultimatedroid threads you will what you looking for. For overclocking, you're going to need setcpu from market, and will need a kernel from someone that allows you to over clock. However, I would spend a couple of days playing with your Droid how you have it now to get used to it.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, you have two threads running on the exact same topic. Please let one die, or MOD, please close one.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You talking to the OP lol. Cuz I definitely got some sleep. I was off this thing by 12.

I can not stress enough, the same thing said from other people on this post, the OP needs to learn his phone before he messes something up. It is hard to brick a device unless you just do not know the phone at all. The brick scale changes with experience as well.

kristoff125

Reaction score
1) Tethering/Making a wifi hotspot for myself for my PC and Ipod

You want to tether your PC or laptop, please tell me you don't mean a desktop...as you're just going to add to the people ruining the 3g verizon network...

Fixed the quote, deleted a bunch but apparently missed one important bit.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
idid not post that

kristoff125

Reaction score

You don't NEED anything from us, what you NEED to do is use the search button, we're not your slaves, so unless you intend on sending paypal payments to the people who spent hours yesterday trying to help you, please, back off for now, learn what you did by SEARCHING, not asking, all the questions you've asked have been answered several times.

It seems you didn't read any of the stickies as you didn't know what rooting does, and I just looked, you didn't even bother to introduce yourself before badgering us for answers about how to root / install this / mount your phone?

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score

You don't NEED anything from us, what you NEED to do is use the search button, we're not your slaves, so unless you intend on sending paypal payments to the people who spent hours yesterday trying to help you, please, back off for now, learn what you did by SEARCHING, not asking, all the questions you've asked have been answered several times.

It seems you didn't read any of the stickies as you didn't know what rooting does, and I just looked, you didn't even bother to introduce yourself before badgering us for answers about how to root / install this / mount your phone?

Fair enough but I wouldn't have asked if the information I found wasn't difficult to understand.

Example:

Balckandroid 7 is posts "here is the overclock file!"

I have no idea
A) Where to put it
B) How to use it

I didnt even know I needed setcpu AND this overclock file. So trust me when I tell you searching around does not give the answers very clearly.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Example:

Balckandroid 7 is posts "here is the overclock file!"

I have no idea
A) Where to put it
B) How to use it

I didnt even know I needed setcpu AND this overclock file. So trust me when I tell you searching around does not give the answers very clearly.

You have no idea because you're not reading instructions. There are guides that show you how to do all of these things. Please read them.

The fact that you didnt know you needed SetCPU and the Overclock file proves my point. It's in the instructions for using these ROMs.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We are here to help but I only have an hour left before i have too work. Bro I know you trying to show off the hottest rom, but UD requires you to do a lot, and honestly I think that is above you right now. If you have read there are people having problems because they are trying to figure out what voltage level fits their phone and the result is their phone keeps resetting. You are not ready to deal with that right now. I would honestly go back to droid mod and play with it a couple of days......scratch that a couple of weeks. After that you will understand your phone enough to do more complex adding of roms and kernels. This is not to judge your tech savy skills, but to allow you to learn your phone.
Did you know you can install a bunch of apps and apks to tweak your phone
Did you even play with the different basic phone functions yet

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
We are here to help but I only have an hour left before i have too work. Bro I know you trying to show off the hottest rom, but UD requires you to do a lot, and honestly I think that is above you right now. If you have read there are people having problems because they are trying to figure out what voltage level fits their phone and the result is their phone keeps resetting. You are not ready to deal with that right now. I would honestly go back to droid mod and play with it a couple of days......scratch that a couple of weeks. After that you will understand your phone enough to do more complex adding of roms and kernels. This is not to judge your tech savy skills, but to allow you to learn your phone.
Did you know you can install a bunch of apps and apks to tweak your phone
Did you even play with the different basic phone functions yet

I've barely even made any calls lol. Mostly just been surfing the web. My goal in taking this leap is to see if I can get this phone in a state I am comfortable with before my 30 day trial is over. However I am thinking I might just go with an Eris or wait for the Nexus One. The weight of this phone is a bit encumbering for me.

I do appreciate the help. Everyone here has been great.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Then You definitely need to go back to droidmod, you can not take a rooted droid back to verizon. Rooting VOIDS your warranty if they catch you. You will have to unroot and get evrything back to factory.

Yeah stop what you are doing and mayb go back to droidmod before you mess something up.