Web Browsers - Which ones do you use?

nikecar

Reaction score
I use Dolphin on my phone. sometimes to try I use FireFox.

On my Nexus 7 I have a bunch that I keep trying.. FF, FF Beta (removed), Aurora (same as FF i think now), Dolphin, Chrome

paulhusker

Reaction score
I'm telling you people, you gotta download Puffin Browser Free. It continues to impress me nearly a week later and it loads full web pages w/ Flash pretty doggone fast! :)

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
paulhusker said:
I'm telling you people, you gotta download Puffin Browser Free. It continues to impress me nearly a week later and it loads full web pages w/ Flash pretty doggone fast! :)

Hey Paul, are you getting paid by Puffin? Is so ask them why when I try and type in a search block or a sign in block the web page gets shifted to the top where I can't see what I'm typing? And I can't scroll the web page back down when my keyboard is on the screen.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

paulhusker

Reaction score
Hey Paul, are you getting paid by Puffin? Is so ask them why when I try and type in a search block or a sign in block the web page gets shifted to the top where I can't see what I'm typing? And I can't scroll the web page back down when my keyboard is on the screen.

No payment. :) That's weird on your problem. I have never encountered that on my Razr Maxx. Is the search webpage fully loaded before you start typing? That's about the only thing I can think of but I'm hardly a computer/internet expert either. Good luck to you.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
paulhusker said:
No payment. :) That's weird on your problem. I have never encountered that on my Razr Maxx. Is the search webpage fully loaded before you start typing? That's about the only thing I can think of but I'm hardly a computer/internet expert either. Good luck to you.

Yep, fully loaded. Did it to me on both FB (desktop) and Yahoo (desktop). It used to happen once in a while with another browser but I can't remember which one but when it happened I just scrolled the page back down to where I needed it. I visit other forums that don't have apps or TT so for me this is a deal killer. I checked all the settings the browser had (which weren't that many) and nothing helped. Anyone have a clue?

Edit: I just checked and it happens with mobile sites too. But it only happens in landscape not portrait (all sites). I guess if I want to use this browser this is something I'll have to live with. Time will tell but I'm keeping my ICS+.

BaSHa

Reaction score

Puffin is ridiculously fast, but it is way to buggy to be a daily user. I've had the same problem with it that Ram is referring to, it also does a lousy job of rendering text when you zoom in. I do however really like the laptop style on-screen mouse pad.