sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
the dolphin "update" is horrendous... time for something new

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was using the stock browser for ICS and I liked it. I recently started using Chrome because I like that it syncs with my laptop automatically. I haven't had any problems with it so far.

Is chrome and the stock ics browser alot different?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is chrome and the stock ics browser alot different?

just downloaded chrome.. seems a bit different than stock

BKiv

Reaction score
I'm a fan of chrome myself. I just switched from stock ICS and I really like it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
After giving chrome another shot... thanks to hearing about some of its advantages from the wonderful people on this forum, I have one simple question. What is the best way to exit out of it? I'm used to boat browser where all I have to do is slide to settings and press exit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
DevilDogMP said:
But not that much. ?

No, it's nit that much different. It is easier to navigate through windows though which is something I look for in a browser. IMO that was dolphins best feature

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, it's nit that much different. It is easier to navigate through windows though which is something I look for in a browser. IMO that was dolphins best feature

Oh alright. Im looking forward to using it and also chrome to phone!

Sent from my DROID Bionic using Tapatalk

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

yea dolphin has awesome features but with their last update they made it incredibly slow.. at least on my phone... the new splash screen takes too long to load and the browser freezes up... problems I wasn't having on any of my devices for a few years now

been using chrome today and it is fast with loading pages but to do something simple like make a bookmark I have to click menu button unlike w dolphin it has a short cut next to the link... and w dolphin I can close all tabs and exit by holding the back button... no idea how to do it with chrome

OP
dolpns13

dolpns13

Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
yea dolphin has awesome features but with their last update they made it incredibly slow.. at least on my phone... the new splash screen takes too long to load and the browser freezes up... problems I wasn't having on any of my devices for a few years now

been using chrome today and it is fast with loading pages but to do something simple like make a bookmark I have to click menu button unlike w dolphin it has a short cut next to the link... and w dolphin I can close all tabs and exit by holding the back button... no idea how to do it with chrome

What of you long press the link in the address bar. That's what I used to do with dolphin. I'm not sure of the same works for chrome. I haven't tried storing bookmarks yet

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow paulhusker, I love it! I wasn't even going to try it out because I thought I had tried enough browsers. Just recently started getting more familiar with chrome but there are still many things lacking that I had come accustomed to with Boat Browser which Chrome just doesn't do. Puffin does everything that Boat does and more. And I love the virtual mouse track pad. Those things that were hard to access on desktop sites using my phone or tablet because, darn I didn't have a mouse, will no longer be an issue. UI is slick. Access to bookmarks and history is a breeze. Thank you for this info. Great browser!

Sent from my AT100 using Droid Forums