Using the Facebook full site on browser...

missrachel

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I am having an issue with my Droid & knew I could come here for some help!

I use the stock web browser, and there are times when I like to view the full facebook website (not the touch site, or mobile site). I am able to get here through the touch site (at the bottom of the page - "view full site") but I am redirected to the touch version whenever I try to go home. Is there a way to set either my browser or facebook settings to permanently view the full site?? :\

I know of a workaround with the Dolphin browser, setting all web pages to desktop view by default. But I prefer the stock browser, and I may not want ALL the sites I view to be formatted for my desktop....

Thanks for reading.. any input is much appreciated! Hope everyone is well! <3

ohioDroid

Reaction score
If you type in for your web address
Code:
about:debug
And try to go to that address, nothing will happen visibly. However, you can then go to your Browser settings, and new options will be available.

One of those is User Agent. You can tell the browser to make itself appear to be a Desktop. That may trick Facebook into giving you the full website.