Browser setting to not bring up mobile view on xoom?

mortoxoom

Reaction score
The default xoom browser does not have a setting to not bring up mobile view of web sites. My HTC incredible browser froyo 2.2 does allow me to always go to desktop view (full web) by default.

I hate most mobile web sites. Some sites don't have a link from mobile site to bring up full site.

I tried downloading opera, firefox, skywire and dolphin. I didn't like skywire or dolphin because i'd rather not have all my activity go thru their servers. Firefox also did not have an option to turn off mobile view.

Am I missing something? I find it hard to believe honeycomb would force mobile view.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

vamp6x6x6x

Reaction score
In the stock browser address bar type: about:debug and hit enter/go. Then go to settings --> debug, and change the UAString to Desktop. Then desktop view will work.

OP
M

mortoxoom

Reaction score
That works great on some sites. But a reboot seems to lose it. Plus other sites go as desk top to the main site but then goes to their Mobi sucks site after I click a link. My HTC incredible 2.2 browser works on those sites and stays as desktop.

But obviously having a xoom means I want the full site, not the limited site.

I still cannot believe its not built in as well as it is in 2.2 to avoid the mobi's.

Thanks for your help!

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks having to do the debug trick each time. And i don't want to have to roott my xoom to use this feature either. Hopefully a future update will fix this.

Also, does anyone know how to set youtube by default in low quality? I have a wifi only xoom tethered to my incredible and when i'm using youtube, it's automatically plays videos in hq which takes forever through 3g and it keeps pausing to buffer. I don't mind watching videos in low quality which i have to manually select each time i select a different video.