User Agent setting in browser doesn't stick

Armchairbear

Reaction score
How do I keep the browser from going to mobile web pages?

I've typed in "about:debug" into the address line and changed the UA String from Android to Desktop.

The front page of a website that I typed in would show up as a full regular view, but subsequent pages will appear as mobile web pages if available. At this point I have not exited or closed the browser yet, so no settings should be reset.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
some web sites give you a choice but most just have a mobile version for the phones and you cant really change that at all

romankc

Reaction score
I've been experimenting with Dolphin and it seems to be sticking so far. At least for the sights I visit.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Yes, the stock browser reverts to Droid user agent. I recommend Dolphin HD.

OP
A

Armchairbear

Reaction score
I've been experimenting with Dolphin and it seems to be sticking so far. At least for the sights I visit.

Thanks, Dolphin HD worked.

AOSP browser is still better, can watch videos on tv networks web sites. Can't wait for root. :icon_eek:

jlaux42

Reaction score
How do I keep the browser from going to mobile web pages?

I've typed in "about:debug" into the address line and changed the UA String from Android to Desktop.

The front page of a website that I typed in would show up as a full regular view, but subsequent pages will appear as mobile web pages if available. At this point I have not exited or closed the browser yet, so no settings should be reset.

Not sure about the default browser, but I played with Opera Mobile last night and it seemed to do a good job. I could browse Facebook in desktop mode and it looked pretty good.