water damage or not?

atunk15

Reaction score
so i got my DROID about 2 months ago, i've been good about not dropping it or anything. But yesterday i had my phone in my purse and i had a pop and didn't screw the cap on all the way and it spilled all over my phone. i dried it off and took out the battery and everything. when i turned it on this morning the screen didn't turn on but it still vibrated and the flashing light still worked. on the little sticker by the battery it still has the red x's on the white thing. so could i just say the screen doesnt work and get a new one or what? bcuz i don't have insurance on it either.

lysergia

Reaction score
I could be wrong on this, but there may be other water detectors inside the droid, so it could be a toss up if you returned it to the store and they took it apart, I think I remember reading a forum about a person returning their iphone because they got it wet and the tech at the store took the phone apart and saw the water indicator was triggered.

They arnt cheap and accidents happen, I did purchase the insurance on my droid because I thought about the same thing happening to me, except the owning a purse part =P

But I work in a hospital environment and walk around in alot of areas with tiles and hard floors, I also wash my hands alot after touching the computers nurses and doctors use and then without thinking go for the droid in my pocket without thinking about my semi wet hands. Lots of things have me worried about messing the phone up.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I would say that they can find out pretty quickly....especially with pop...there's gonna be some sticky stuff all inside around the screen I would bet....

That sucks, and I'm sorry to hear that...........but......these are high tech, high quality phones!! I couldn't imagine not having insurance on something like this......

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Would insurance cover this kind of damage even if she had it?

Most instances insurance covers any type odd accidental damage. That would include water damage. Don't confuse insurance with the warranty though.... warranty will never cover water damage

lysergia

Reaction score
With the insurance I purchased I am allowed to have my phone replaced 2 times per year provided I pay their silly deductible. I also think I would get a refurbished/repaired phone as well.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Would insurance cover this kind of damage even if she had it?

Most instances insurance covers any type odd accidental damage. That would include water damage. Don't confuse insurance with the warranty though.... warranty will never cover water damage

This case is typical and should be covered by insurance. That said, insurance won't cover every accident. I heard of someone who dropped their phone in the lake from a boat. Insurance refused to pay since they exclude misuse and said that taking it on a boat was misuse. This is of course ridiculous, and apparently this popular insurance carrier is trying to avoid claims...

unclebill

Reaction score
Asurion insurance coverage ... "Covered incidents: Loss, theft, physical and liquid damage". The deductible is a small price to pay for "doing something dumb" to this phone. FYI ... I dropped a company pager into a toilet one time ... it cost me $75 to replace it. My fault ... my responsibility.