Droid in water :(

OP
madaopul

madaopul

Reaction score
Yeah I ended up going with 91% because that was the best I could find as well as Everclear for me to drink on hah. I did everything and even though it was a day after it happened I am crossing my fingers.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I ended up going with 91% because that was the best I could find as well as Everclear for me to drink on hah. I did everything and even though it was a day after it happened I am crossing my fingers.

91% should be fine. Time shouldn't matter either so you should be good as long as you let it sit for a while.

OP
madaopul

madaopul

Reaction score
Yeah it happened on Saturday and I used the rubbing alcohol today so I think I am going to let it dry until Wednesday night or Thursday Morning.

shiccy

Reaction score
I'm a freak but I'd let it go for at least a week to a week and a half. You miss it now, but just WAIT until you can't use it bc it's fried.

Also ... I don't know if I'd tell anybody you dropped it in the toilet ... or I guess you could if you didn't want anybody using your phone EVER AGAIN hehe

Finally, when I got my droid I spoke with somebody within V that said "OK. Cool - you don't want insurance. If you do in the future, you have 30 days (I believe ... it MAY have been 45/60) to add it." From what it sounds/sounded like, though, after that your SOL.

OP
madaopul

madaopul

Reaction score
Yes I understand and I have only had it for about 15 days so I am not going to have a problem with getting the insurance I actually already called.

shiccy

Reaction score
hmm ... insurance is great, but from what I hear there's a clause that says water damage is not included. I don't know if that includes all the insurance providers for V, though ...

OP
madaopul

madaopul

Reaction score
No, it wasn't used. I turned it on and everything works as good as new besides a couple marks on the LCD but it's no big deal.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm ... insurance is great, but from what I hear there's a clause that says water damage is not included. I don't know if that includes all the insurance providers for V, though ...

From what I hear it does include phones that are damaged by water. What you are referring to are phones that are damaged by water under warranty. Warranty does not include water damage.

Joeyvee

Reaction score
What should be emphasized more in the proper way to get your wet phone back to normal time is the time you let it sit after the alcohol. I let a BBerry sit for 3 days and I was stupid and couldnt wait and put the battery it an powered on and my pohne got hot as hell and then just died. For good. But I didnt care cuz I pay $6 a month for INSURANCE. Have insurance people. Shoot when a new phone comes out you can just smash your old one, send it in for a new one, sell the new on on ebay and then upgrade to the new one at the verizon store. I LIVE on that damn insurance.

hytop300

Reaction score
Dropped Droid in water

Hey guys, dropped my Droid in water today :mad: and this is what i did. First i did the ole battery pull and removed sd card. Next i put a load of clothes in the dryer and placed the phone on top of the dryer. When the dryer stopped i placed the phone in the dryer with the warm clothes. I figured what do i have to lose at this point fore i have no insurance. I did this 4 times from about 10:30 a.m. till about 4:00 p.m. The screen hazed over the first time but I proceeded. After the cycles i decided to take a chance and put the sd card and battery back in and what do you know presto. Not recommending this to anybody and not saying it will work for you but it did for me and i couldnt see wasting a good bag of rice waiting 3-4 days. :icon_ banana: