Droid in water :(

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Trust me, by the laws of hardness; it would be impossible for a grain of rice to scratch Gorilla Glass. You could kick a grain of rice's butt with a piece of GG, however.

I think he meant that the rice does wonders but can't fix LCD damage...not that rice causes LCD damage.

I doubt it. Becuase rice doesn't do ANYTHING for any problem other than water damage. Actually, the usefulness of rice is a hotly debated subject; IMHO it does nothing. You'd be better off throwing it in a container with a couple of those moisture repellent cartridges from vitamin bottles (silica gel I believe) - rice doesn't readily absorb moisture until it is heated and some of the starch is converted to sugar.

I don't think we're on the same wavelength. I still maintain that he wasn't talking about rice scratching gorilla glass.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I think he meant that the rice does wonders but can't fix LCD damage...not that rice causes LCD damage.

I doubt it. Becuase rice doesn't do ANYTHING for any problem other than water damage. Actually, the usefulness of rice is a hotly debated subject; IMHO it does nothing. You'd be better off throwing it in a container with a couple of those moisture repellent cartridges from vitamin bottles (silica gel I believe) - rice doesn't readily absorb moisture until it is heated and some of the starch is converted to sugar.

I don't think we're on the same wavelength. I still maintain that he wasn't talking about rice scratching gorilla glass.
I don't think he was either, just saying that rice will not fix the LCD if it was water damaged.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score

I don't think he was either, just saying that rice will not fix the LCD if it was water damaged.

Thanks geoff, maybe I'm not insane.

geoff5093

Reaction score

Thanks geoff, maybe I'm not insane.
haha, well that is what I thought when I read it. Never even crossed my mind that someone might think they were referring to the rice scratching the screen.