Water damage - can my Droid be saved?

OP
meowberry

meowberry

Reaction score
First things first, talking about any kind of fraud is not allowed on DF. I'm not a moderator and you are fine so far. Just be aware of what anyone tells you. Secondly, after my wife left her phone on the back of her ambulance it fell off and got ran over. I bought a second phone off of ebay and tried to insure it. Verizon said since it was past 30 days I couldn't get insurance through them for the new phone. You might try calling one of the cell phone insurance companies directly to see if they will do it. Lastly, keep the phone off like everyone has said. My wife (yes again) dropped one of her old phones in the toilet. By the time the insurance replacement came in, it was working again and continued to for a year. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Thanks for the heads up, will watch what I say. I'm hopeful that it will turn back on in a few days and I won't have to go through any of that. I wouldn't mind upgrading anyway so if it comes down to paying for a new phone, I'll do what I gotta do. :)

OP
meowberry

meowberry

Reaction score
MY PHONE WORKS! It seems like everything is in working order - speakers, making and receiving calls and texts, keyboard, touch screen, etc. No signs of damage. I am OVERJOYED! I realize I may run into problems down the line because of corrosion but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. For now I have a functioning phone! dancedroid

nakhleh926

Reaction score
MY PHONE WORKS! It seems like everything is in working order - speakers, making and receiving calls and texts, keyboard, touch screen, etc. No signs of damage. I am OVERJOYED! I realize I may run into problems down the line because of corrosion but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. For now I have a functioning phone! dancedroid

yayyyy :D, glad it worked out, have fun droiding!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

eNomineZerum

Reaction score
Congrats! If you are like me you won't have the phone long enough for the corrosion to bother you. I mean we do have the thunderbolt and bionic coming soon

By the name of Zero

lamarkeith

Reaction score
Droid saved

'''Hi,

What did u do exactly to your phone when it got wet aside from rice to get it back on? Just left it alone for a couple days??

My phone came into contact with a lil vodka.. nothing serious and all of a sudden it shut down. Now it wont power on or anything.. scary cause I just got it and don't have cash for a new on... whatever u can disclose is greatly greatly appreciated. :icon_eek:

Thanks..