Voicemail Notifications - Gingerbread

jseah

Reaction score
So I downloaded and installed the Verizon Gingerbread update last week. As expected, the voicemail notifications stopped. Also, in the voicemail settings, editing the *86 voicemail number to include the pause and my voicemail password didn't work (the phone would just dial the *86).

Just rebooted my phone, and the voicemail notification popped up on my phone saying that I had two unheard voicemails. The voicemail setting now also accepts and keeps the editing to add the voicemail password. Although I am still having a slight issue because I went in, listened to the voicemail and deleted them, and 10 minutes later the voicemail indicator still appears in the notification pane.

I did not see/notice any update auto downloading to my handset.

UPDATE: It has been an hour and a half and the voicemail notification still has not gone away.

Last edited:

azpilot

Reaction score
So I downloaded and installed the Verizon Gingerbread update last week. As expected, the voicemail notifications stopped. Also, in the voicemail settings, editing the *86 voicemail number to include the pause and my voicemail password didn't work (the phone would just dial the *86).

Just rebooted my phone, and the voicemail notification popped up on my phone saying that I had two unheard voicemails. The voicemail setting now also accepts and keeps the editing to add the voicemail password. Although I am still having a slight issue because I went in, listened to the voicemail and deleted them, and 10 minutes later the voicemail indicator still appears in the notification pane.

I did not see/notice any update auto downloading to my handset.

UPDATE: It has been an hour and a half and the voicemail notification still has not gone away.

VM Notifications have been broke in GB for a while now. You may want to look into something like Youmail which is free for VM Notifications.

iRenegade

Reaction score
One phone call to VZW and they gave me free visual voice mail until the fix is made. I didn't want to fool around with google voice or you mail just yet. I needed flawless vm notification right away. Maybe down the road, I look
into these two apps.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
Voicemail notifications have been fixed in the Das Bamf gingerbread roms.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

MrKleen

Reaction score
Erishasnobattery has been with team Bamf for months.

Bamf is the way to go.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
[Fix] Verizon Voicemail Notifications for Gingerbread

I guess I mistook this as meaning he joined recently.

not that it matters...the fix is there. Although one must be deodexed. I dont have any issues with VM notifications on AOSP.

In the past when I wanted to clear VM notifications on sense gb...I just went to settings...call settings...clear all VM notifications. Worked for me.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I wish I could say that I definitely do not have this problem, but I cannot. My first TB did have this after the GB OTA. It was replaced yesterday 10/10/11. Replacement 1 shows up with bad mic. I cannot converse on calls. Replacement 2 is due today or tomorrow. The case is building for me to request another phone make/model. I believe 2 strikes equals "you're out" in the HTC vs. Dave game. HTC phone model HD2 did this to me last year, and this year the TB does some of the same things. Maybe it would or could happen regardless of manufacturer, I would not argue it could not happen. But, enough of the approximate 6 month or less life of phone on a 2 year contract.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gb is rolled out now for tbolt?

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Last edited:

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Gb is rolled out now for tbolt?

No, not right now. It was released on Sept. 28-30 timeframe. I manually searched for update under settings, received/installed. It caused bug issues to those who received, VZW pulled OTA until bugs killed. Just like what happened during at least one other OTA for the TB. The GB OTA had added enough bugs that store rep authorized replacement. Maybe I mentioned this, but random reboot were re-introduced after the early GB OTA on my TB.

Last edited:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No, not right now. It was released on Sept. 28-30 timeframe. I manually searched for update under settings, received/installed. It caused bug issues to those who received, VZW pulled OTA until bugs killed. Just like what happened during at least one other OTA for the TB. The GB OTA had added enough bugs that store rep authorized replacement. Maybe I mentioned this, but random reboot were re-introduced after the early GB OTA on my TB.

Ohhh I see. I've been rooted for so long and on liquid 3.o that I haven't kept up with Verizon ota. Not like I would use it anyway

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
My plan of action currently: wait a week or so to see if Replacement2 is going to act up or not. Then, if it is working ok, it's going to be rooted and custom Rom installed. I've had it with how this phone is problematic in stock state. With the delays in OTA'S as it was, I mistakenly thought one of these OTA's would make it better; guess not. Yeah, I feel a bit better now. :)

geoff5093

Reaction score
The latest NonS3ns3 ROM fixed the voicemail notification issue on GB for me.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Yes the fix should have worked its way into all the roms by now.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
My plan of action currently: wait a week or so to see if Replacement2 is going to act up or not. Then, if it is working ok, it's going to be rooted and custom Rom installed. I've had it with how this phone is problematic in stock state. With the delays in OTA'S as it was, I mistakenly thought one of these OTA's would make it better; guess not. Yeah, I feel a bit better now. :)

How is your new replacement. I'm getting mine today. I tried to get a different brand replacement instead of TB but the only option was LG revolution. I decided to get a TB replacement instead and give it a try

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums