Voicemail

socer38910

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have the droid. whenever i'm trying to check my voicemail from my phone and dial *86 and press send it takes takes me directly to leave a message. can anyone help on actually checking my messages?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you just hold down the 1 button for a few seconds, it'll take you to voicemail and ask for your password.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

socer38910

Reaction score
If you just hold down the 1 button for a few seconds, it'll take you to voicemail and ask for your password.

tried, it directly sends me to my voicemail message. i never get the usual option to access my voicemail.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Are you roaming or in the extended network? Try calling your own phone number instead of *86.

If nothing else, when you hear your greeting, you can press # or *. One will make it skip your greeting and the other will ask for your password, though I can't remember which does which. Once you figure out which one does what you want, you can program that key press in to the number dialed to get to your voicemail.

RobertDroid

Reaction score
Mine does this when I have my phone forwarded. Try dialing *73 which will unforward your phone in case it's forwarded.

warrior21

Reaction score
Mine does this when I have my phone forwarded. Try dialing *73 which will unforward your phone in case it's forwarded.
^^^^^That fixed the same problem for me

OP
S

socer38910

Reaction score

THAT FIXED IT !!! thanks, not sure when i forwarded my phone #?!?:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

alboboy10

Reaction score
First of all what do you guys use for voicemail? I received a voicemail earlier and it's telling me to call some 518 number and I did, put in my pin, deleted the message the voicemail sign is still on my notification bar and it's pissing me off seeing it there cause it's not supposed to be there!

Moreoever, I tried to download google voice (cause my friend with his G2 for tmobile uses it) for voicemail mainly, because it does visual voicemail which I love....and it wouldn't work on my phone. It said something about my carrier not supporting (verizon).

How do I get rid of that annoying voicemail sign on top of my notification bar I tried rebooting after deleting it but it's still there.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all what do you guys use for voicemail? I received a voicemail earlier and it's telling me to call some 518 number and I did, put in my pin, deleted the message the voicemail sign is still on my notification bar and it's pissing me off seeing it there cause it's not supposed to be there!

Moreoever, I tried to download google voice (cause my friend with his G2 for tmobile uses it) for voicemail mainly, because it does visual voicemail which I love....and it wouldn't work on my phone. It said something about my carrier not supporting (verizon).

How do I get rid of that annoying voicemail sign on top of my notification bar I tried rebooting after deleting it but it's still there.

Voicemail is *86 on Verizon. I have no idea what you did.

alboboy10

Reaction score
When I pulled down the notification it told me to call that number to hear my voicemail though lol.

What do you guys use for visual voicemail assuming u do? I wanna get google voice and use it like my friend does on his G2 but I couldn't get to do it on the TB.

jka

Reaction score
Subscribe to visual voicemail from Verizon its 3 bucks a month its like buying a cup of coffee

Dragon Private Investigations

jka

Reaction score
Try youmail that is free and party good

Dragon Private Investigations

ionide

Reaction score
Use google voice for voicemail.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

tattooz

Reaction score
Does anyone have issues with rooted GB and visual voicemail? I constantly get an error that voicemail cannot connect. Not sure if its related to GB or not.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

google123

Reaction score
Does anyone have issues with rooted GB and visual voicemail? I constantly get an error that voicemail cannot connect. Not sure if its related to GB or not.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Have you tried deleting cache/data to see if it fixes it?