Voicemail Notifications - Gingerbread

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Replacement 2 is fine for now, no bugs noticed. Running Froyo 2.2.1. Switch between handsets is fast. Replacement 1 was examined Mon. eve in store. Order for replacement 2 was processed. I received replacement 2 Tues. at 2 PM. Best to ya with replacement.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Replacement 2 is fine for now, no bugs noticed. Running Froyo 2.2.1. Switch between handsets is fast. Replacement 1 was examined Mon. eve in store. Order for replacement 2 was processed. I received replacement 2 Tues. at 2 PM. Best to ya with replacement.

I knew they would ship the replacements with the froyo thanks to vm mail in GB. Ima check it out, if everything is fine, I will root. I cant stay unrooted for a while dancedroid

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I spoke to a supervisor and had my tbolt replaced with a Bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

How the hekk did you do that. I tried and tried but they said its too new to replace it with a Bionic :icon_eek:

slipknot20085

Reaction score
Not 100 percent suree. But the voicemail wasn't my only problem the ota destroyed my phone and the factory reset made it worse. I couldn't even dial out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Cool. And congrats. My case is building that way too. Although my original had issues, yours was the worse for no calls whatsoever. Enjoy. And if my current unit has issues, that is what I will be asking, no more TB replacements.:cool:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
My first replacement was in good physical condition. after I powered it up, the display looked more green which I thought I can get used to. Later in the day, I started losing data connection and my 4G would disappear and 3G would stay. I would have to do a battery pull to get 4G. I have to do it every now and then. I'm gonna call them up. I don't have time to keep doing a battery pull whenever I lose 4G or data connection sigh

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

5280TBOLT

Reaction score
I called Verizon yesterday expecting to get free visual voicemail but instead they are shipping me a replacement. We'll see...

5280TBOLT

Reaction score
Got my replacement today....their solution was to send me a replacement device with Android 2.2.1

When I try to check for a software update it says something about a connectivity issue and to try again under settings later :confused:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Got my replacement today....their solution was to send me a replacement device with Android 2.2.1

When I try to check for a software update it says something about a connectivity issue and to try again under settings later :confused:

They stopped the update after they found about the the VM bug. So you stuck with froyo unless you root. I am getting my second replacement tomorrow. The first one display color was greenish. :angry:

5280TBOLT

Reaction score
Bummer...so is there plans to fix the vm issue and send out GB again?

bases1616

Reaction score
Yes, HTC is working the issue and hopefully will have an update fix soon sent to VZW. For the time being if you do not mind wiping your device then just use the RUU on this site and you will not have to root. I did that because I just missed the OTA update before being shutdown. The only really major issue is not having the VM notification, but just use the VM app on the homescreen for the time being. It will let you know if you have an VM, but you have to click on it to see.

StinkyPete

Reaction score
I got the GB update before they pulled it. The two things I notice are:
(1) Voicemail Notification: The notification does work if you restart your phone (it needs a restart, not a power off and power on). You need to restart to clear the voicemail notification as well.

(2) I seem to get what I will call a "repaint" of the icons: When I exit out of some applications (not the same ones all the time, and not consistent in any way). I get the white HTC screen (green HTC) and then the icons get repainted on the screen. Thus never happened before GB.

Icemann07

Reaction score
This thunderbolt gingerbread thing sucks!! I have talked to customer service to many times about this phone, i am getting a replacement and its another thunderbolt!! smh This android thing is becoming very frustrating to say the least!! I am wondering if the grass is greener on the apple side????