Verizon's New Unlimited Data Plan First Impressions

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Not sure if anyone here can clarify, 22GB Cap is per Line? Also Tethering is the Cap 10GB and is that per Line or the whole plan?
I can't verify with 100% certainty but that's what Verizon told me. And all 4 of my lines total are well above 22 GB combined with no throttling. I think the 22 / 10 GB limits are per line. If unsure I would recommend calling Verizon and see what they tell you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mfg02

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I still have the OUDP with capped minutes but my wife only has 2gb which she uses very quickly so we will be switching soon. I was originally holding out to see if they'd bring back the corporate discounts in a month or two and to see if they are going to offer a deal on the S8 but with the recent news about being able to buy an unlocked version the only reason to wait is purely because I like going into the Verizon store and messing with the reps who try to act like they understand my plan (which they never do), or tell me how I'm getting ripped off, to which until recently I politely educate them. Can't tell you how many times I've had to set a Verizon rep straight.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Nope. Keeping my UDP plan with 900 min voice and unlimited text. Why? It's cheaper. I get 22% employee discount and another 5% for using my credit card as payment. So my monthly bill is around $97, new plan would be $110.

Last edited:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Chatted with a VZW Rep this morning and Rep says Limits are per Line. This goes for the 22GB CAP before Throttle and 10GB for Tethering. Below is a Screenshot of my chat. Hope this helps. Now if we can just get our Discounts on this Line. Wishful Thinking.
Verizon%20Chat%203-10-17_zpsuzqpjtgl.jpg

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Discounts I've been told by my corp rep, will not happen because of "How cheap they are providing it to us". We both chuckled and I hung up.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Cheap. Every other Provider that has UDP provides Corporate Discounts. I will take "NEVER" with a grain of Salt since UDP Plan from Verizon was Said to "NEVER" come back. Never say Never! ;)

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Cheap. Every other Provider that has UDP provides Corporate Discounts. I will take "NEVER" with a grain of Salt since UDP Plan from Verizon was Said to "NEVER" come back. Never say Never! ;)

That's actually not true. From what I was told by my coworkers, Sprint does not do corporate discounts on their unlimited plan. I also know that T-Mobile does not do discounts either other than military because their plans are already so low. The information with T-Mobile is at least 9 months old though, so it could have changed.

Wadman

Reaction score
Was going to switch...only was going to save me 18 bucks. Not worth losing my grandfathered unlimited. I get 22% off with my employee discount. Plus 10 gigs of tether just doesn't work for us. Happy to hear that this is a good option for some though. Not having to pay those overages is a great thing.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
T-Mobile doesn't off Corp discounts.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm still on the original UDP and will save $30/month switching to the new unlimited plan ( even with losing the corporate discount). No throttle issues for me as I run 10 - 15gb per month. My daughter would feel it if they do throttle because she's consistently in that 50gb range. My only concern would be Verizon deciding next year to once again blow out the UDPs once they've had more grandfathered users switch plans. :confused:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just an update, my daughter hit 22 GB yesterday (You Tube Red and Pandora in the car) and no issues noticed today. Still seems like good 4G speed. I guess our towers aren't congested today.<br /><br />Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Just an update, my daughter hit 22 GB yesterday (You Tube Red and Pandora in the car) and no issues noticed today. Still seems like good 4G speed. I guess our towers aren't congested today.<br /><br />Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

She could be deprioritized but hardly know it. Unless you're at a sporting event, most towers aren't overloaded.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
She could be deprioritized but hardly know it. Unless you're at a sporting event, most towers aren't overloaded.
That's what I kind of figured. I am curious to see if she complains about slower speeds at all for the next week. I doubt it though. This new plan obviously is not the right choice for everyone and we all spend our own $$$ how we want to. But for me, this new plan seems to be working out OK.