Verizon's New Data Plans & Unlimited Grandfathered Reaffirmed in Training Doc Leak

coyote_5

Reaction score
how much is month to month? i'd do that if my option doesnt work

Honestly, I'm not sure. I just stopped in to a Verizon store and talked to the rep about if the pixi plus was a smartphone and if I could still get a discounted Bionic later on. He said "Yes" but then added on "As far as I know" which made me a bit nervous.

Samsung167

Reaction score
lol y ea they try to be sneaky... so... you should double check that. so i might just get a smartphone and then return it a few times till i get the Galaxy S2 :D.

jseah

Reaction score

With Verizon there is no difference in the price for service between month to month and contract. Everyone pays the same, just that with a contract you get a discounted price on the handset.

cris

Reaction score
iv had vzw unlimited data plan since 2007, i was told last month that if i upgrade my usb 727 to the newest lte aircard thats 4g, that i would loose my unlimited data cause 4g is a different network. granted 4g is not in my area yet but i was told around the first of the year it should be. it would be nice to get a 3g/4g card but i dont wanna loose my data plan.

Samsung167

Reaction score

With Verizon there is no difference in the price for service between month to month and contract. Everyone pays the same, just that with a contract you get a discounted price on the handset.

so probably better to get a month to month plan and hope that the galaxy s2 comes within the next month?

bplewis24

Reaction score
iv had vzw unlimited data plan since 2007, i was told last month that if i upgrade my usb 727 to the newest lte aircard thats 4g, that i would loose my unlimited data cause 4g is a different network. granted 4g is not in my area yet but i was told around the first of the year it should be. it would be nice to get a 3g/4g card but i dont wanna loose my data plan.

I'm somewhat sure that a 4g card doesn't have an unlimited data plan and never has. If they had one for 3g it's probably a legacy plan.

Brandon

nikecar

Reaction score
You can only return and get a new phone once. They won't let you return phones repeatedly.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

If you return it, and wait (I think it was 14 or 15 days) from the time you return it, you are able to redo a purchase and wouldn't get hit with a fee and lose any discounts.

that was my rep's response my last upgrade cycle.

skipbl92

Reaction score
Ok, my question is (I apologize if already asked): I currently have the Droid 1 unlimited data. If I upgrade to a 4G phone is that considered a data plan change? I really want to wait for the Bionic, but if the tiered pricing change affects my account by upgrading to a 4G phone; I will need to upgrade to the thunderbolt before 7/7. Or should I be fine and can wait for the Bionic?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Samsung167

Reaction score
You can only return and get a new phone once. They won't let you return phones repeatedly.

If you return it, and wait (I think it was 14 or 15 days) from the time you return it, you are able to redo a purchase and wouldn't get hit with a fee and lose any discounts.

really? but if you wait like 30 days you would get hit with the fee or you cant do that?

Samsung167

Reaction score

b/c i am trying to do this get a phone then return it after 14 days then if the galaxy s2 isnt out by then do it one more time and hopefully its out : X

bradh00

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was asked already or not, if so, sorry for the double post. But, I plan on adding a line to get the bionic when it comes out, and then putting the bionic on my current line, and a dummy phone on the new line. I currently have the dx2 (in which i'll be getting rid of) so I'll keep my unlimited data...My question is once I add a new line with another smart phone, is verizon gonna screw me into getting a shared data plan or will they make me get the tiered plan with the new line and leave my original line alone with unlimited.

jseah

Reaction score

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
wondering,can or could i use this contract break clause thingy to go get a different ph. Even though im not due yet?

nikecar

Reaction score

really? but if you wait like 30 days you would get hit with the fee or you cant do that?

no, you cannot wait that long.

I remember when I ahd the NE2 (and several coworkers) and the issue was brought up to our rep that if we get a phone and didn't like it and wnated to return, what would happen to the NE2. We had to wait about 2 weeks at least after return before we got a new phone, in order to have the NE2 reset and avoid the return fee. I believe once we returned them, it was about 15 days.