Verizon to Debut New Data Plans on October 28th

Anathema

Reaction score
You would think that even the most basic data plan would give higher than 150MB/month. As long as unlimited stays about the same price.

rza49311

Reaction score
"USB modem pricing remains at $39.99 for 250MB or $59.99 for 5GB."

:icon_cussing:

Firesong3k

Reaction score
Yes, using 3g means any data sent/received is through verizons servers. A wifi connection has nothing to do with Verizon, the data being used is being transferred through wherever your connection is with wifi.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Lenagainster

Reaction score
My data usage last month was 206 MB. No effort to use WiFi since I'm on the unlimited plan. Under the new $15 plan, it would have cost me $20.60, a savings of $9.39. Hmmmm....
(Under the ATT $15 plan, it would have cost me $30, since I went over 200 MB and they sell data in hunks, another $15 for another 200 MB, of which I would only have used 6 MB).
I like the option to switch to the unlimited plan, if that is truly the case.
At first glance, I was peeved at 150 MB for $15 (compared to $15 for 200 MB from ATT), but when looking at the overall picture, VZW has a better data deal than ATT.
Maybe I can stay under 150 MB if I use WiFi as often as possible. (I love McDonald's). Hate to feel restricted, but I have a limited text messaging plan and manage that o.k.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just want to know how much LTE plans will be now.

Yea....I wanna know this too. I hope they have unlimited for a decent price for LTE too.

But it is good news thats for 3G unlimited is still there.
My guess is 50 dollars for unlimited lte. I have nothing to base that off but if they set it at 50, it's not quite double the price of 3g unlimited so users will be more acceptable to the change. I think people's mindset changes immediately when they hear "price doubled" or more than doubled. We will see sometime soon I would think, I am probably way off in my assessment but hey that's why its an opinion!

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

forkup

Reaction score
I expect lte plans to be the same price as 3g since data is data, the difference is only how quickly you can use it.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I expect lte plans to be the same price as 3g since data is data, the difference is only how quickly you can use it.
That would be very nice but just like when they upgrade your internet speeds, they charge you more. I hope you are right but I don't see them keeping the same prices.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

93 octane gas costs $18 a barrel to get it out of the ground. 87 octane costs $18 a barrel to get it out of the ground.
Lte is more than just a software upgrade at the tower so expect to pay more for more speed

wified from my monolith using a slider keypad

JasonD18

Reaction score
I'm very excited to hear they are planning on keeping an unlimited plan. While I don't use a TON of data like some people (<500gb/mo), it's nice to not have to worry about overages.

As for the LTE pricing, when I bought my Droid back in June the rep was telling me that they were discussing "buckets" of data that could be shared among a family. If I could buy 2gb for say $30/mo and share it between my wife and I I'd easily do that.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
To get the low plan is just not smart (for the consumer - great for Verizon) Buying the $15 plan costs $180/yr. ONE (1) month of 2gig data (it is EASY to do!!!) would add $200 (ignoring the piddling 150mb) or $380. Unlimited with no worries = $360 per year. The overages will KILL you financially no matter how careful you try to be.

hyisbm

Reaction score
To get the low plan is just not smart (for the consumer - great for Verizon) Buying the $15 plan costs $180/yr. ONE (1) month of 2gig data (it is EASY to do!!!) would add $200 (ignoring the piddling 150mb) or $380. Unlimited with no worries = $360 per year. The overages will KILL you financially no matter how careful you try to be.

I agree. I understand everyone is trying to cut back/save but situations like these is not where you want to do it. People have to realize that this is where the companies make their money. Late fees and overcharges add up nicely. I'd rather pay the extra $15 and not have to worry about going over.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Funny how the folks at the Verizon Forum on Howard Forums were howling in multiple threads about the mandatory $9.99 data plan for enhanced multimedia phones, and here we are in the Droid forum saying essentially "pay the extra $15/mo for unlimited data..." so we don't have to track our usage. No sense in trying to save a buck or two here. :)

TheOldFart

Reaction score
My wife uses less than 100 MB of data every month. It would be totally stupid for her to pay an extra $15 a month for something she doesn't use. If one is too lazy to monitor their usage just in case they might go over and pays for unused data then Verizon will be very happy. Thank you Verizon for allowing us to save money on 1 of our 2 phones.