Verizon to make FRG22 the official DROID 2.2 OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
RE: Droid 2.2 OTA Update News:
This might be old news(I just joined Droid Forum today and have not had time to read all the threads yet) but I know everyone is anxious for current news so I'm going to pass this on. I have been patiently waiting for my update that was supposed to start rolling out August 3rd according to the Verizon store. I was back at the Verizon store on August 6th and the guy that worked there already had his update. I am STILL waiting. I heard a rumor that the updates were stalled so I call Verizon today. The guy checked all his alerts and told me there is NO news of the updates being stalled and they are currently still rolling out. The last of them are scheduled to be finished by August 13th. He also told me he is still patiently waiting for his and that he checks the update status and alerts several times a day on Verizon's main computer. Let's hope for the best and I hope this helps anyone still wondering. If anyone else has any more current news please let me know. Thanks :)
Goes to show that you should never believe anything a Verizon Store rep tells you.;)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is G22 available for non rooted? I updated my daughter to G01B and the phone seems to be running slower, was thinking about G22 if it is available.

If you are not rooted and you have 2.1 you can install FRG22, but when you are done your phone will be rooted. This is because FRG22 comes with root.

You would have to use either RSD Lite/SPRecovery to install or the Easy Root app that's now available in the Market.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
according to Moto's page FRG01B is Official. I'm beginning to question the authenticity of all these rumors of a "halted" release.

I cannot find any external verification or any type of official announcement on the matter.

With that said I'm going with "business as usual" FRG01B will be rolling out to our devices.

Only thing that will change my mind is when the update hits devices and it says otherwise. I'm done with rumor and sources for now : )

DROID Android? 2.2 software update

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
according to Moto's page FRG01B is Official. I'm beginning to question the authenticity of all these rumors of a "halted" release.

I cannot find any external verification or any type of official announcement on the matter.

With that said I'm going with "business as usual" FRG01B will be rolling out to our devices.

Only thing that will change my mind is when the update hits devices and it says otherwise. I'm done with rumor and sources for now : )

DROID Android? 2.2 software update

Thanks.

The last two updates were like 250,000 a day; this one seems to be going slower. I don't care, as long as it's going.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right now we have two "Official" Froyo threads. One for FRG22 and one for FRG01B. Indications are that it's the FRG01B that is the official release, so we have decided to close this thread at this time. It was too confusing having both threads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.