Verizon to make FRG22 the official DROID 2.2 OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

madroid1

Reaction score
Where is CK when I need him. He told me just yesterday that it wouldn't be FRG22 when I suggested it might be. Actually I said it would probably be.

Bah!! You can't believe a mod around here. Misinformation everywhere. If you don't here it from me, check and make sure they got it right. :icon_ lala:

I really hope CK sees this…..:icon_ devil:

I have manually updated to 2.2. will I be able to receive the OTA patch to FRG22?

also, I have flash I'm unrooted and have very few issues. my dolphin browser has locked up a few times and FC. I guess Im just lucky

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where is CK when I need him. He told me just yesterday that it wouldn't be FRG22 when I suggested it might be. Actually I said it would probably be.

Bah!! You can't believe a mod around here. Misinformation everywhere. If you don't here it from me, check and make sure they got it right. :icon_ lala:

I really hope CK sees this…..:icon_ devil:

I have manually updated to 2.2. will I be able to receive the OTA patch to FRG22?

also, I have flash I'm unrooted and have very few issues. my dolphin browser has locked up a few times and FC. I guess Im just lucky

There seems to be a huge misunderstanding. FRG01B is a good OS. I don't know why they stopped the update. If you're running it you should be fine. And yes you will get the other update expected soon.

CellZealot

Reaction score
I just think it's funny that some people were so eager to cast doubt on the FRG22 build that we released and now it is to become the official OTA.
Just saying... ;)

mattg1

Reaction score
Yea I've been running FRG01B since tues with no issues, I just wonder what the problem was and what the hold up is with FRG22 very confusing lol

madroid1

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that you could turn your processor speed up in the stock. 2.2? I was rooted and unrooted to see if it was true. I can't find that option anywhere in the setting. Did it go out with the tethering option?

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
I am still waiting on what is the differences between the FRG01b and FRG22? The only problem I ran into was that you can't click the volume rocker to silent now, otherwise it works. Some apps were missing off the android market (Verizon FIOS DVR Manager) but they are there now so why the update?

mattg1

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that you could turn your processor speed up in the stock. 2.2? I was rooted and unrooted to see if it was true. I can't find that option anywhere in the setting. Did it go out with the tethering option?

Srry you were misinformed you can not overclock without root access

madroid1

Reaction score
I am still waiting on what is the differences between the FRG01b and FRG22? The only problem I ran into was that you can't click the volume rocker to silent now, otherwise it works. Some apps were missing off the android market (Verizon FIOS DVR Manager) but they are there now so why the update?

Did you try clearing your market cache? I did and some apps came back and almost every app I had updated.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just think it's funny that some people were so eager to cast doubt on the FRG22 build that we released and now it is to become the official OTA.
Just saying... ;)

Well, for me anyway, I didn't doubt the validity of frg22 (I did comment on it which is why I'm saying this). It was just REALLY weird that y'all had this leaked build right in the middle of the OTA frg01b starting. In other words, whatever was wrong with 01b that required frg22 was known about when it was pushed out OTA. The obvious question then being, why? So I know for myself, and a lot of others, we don't doubt you and p3, but it made no sense whatsoever. We're sitting there with the .zip for 01b, which, since it was the OTA file, we assumed was the "final". And then frg22 appears, with minimal explanation.

So, as always, we appreciate you guys, but this one was just weird, you can't blame us too much for wondering! ;)

Graywolfscv

Reaction score

The FRG01b update had USB tethering. It's in the Networks submenu in settings. FRG22 will more than likely have that removed.

bpad10

Reaction score
This update is starting to resemble the 2.1 update....:wacko:

dwoid

Reaction score
The FRG01b update had USB tethering. It's in the Networks submenu in settings. FRG22 will more than likely have that removed.

No, FRG22 has USB tethering in it, just as FRG01B did.

Also just like FRG01B, the USB tethering option in FRG22 vectors off to the Verizon site where you decide if you want to pay by gigabyte for this new Verizon extended data service.

Status
Not open for further replies.