Verizon to make FRG22 the official DROID 2.2 OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3Droid

Reaction score
Well a number of people said an apology was due, i disagree. Some people make a living or a point to always jump to the most negative, pessimistic view of things. We (the team) have never dumped crap out so we know what we do and as such are happy. As long as the community benefits, including those negative people this is all worth it.

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
As far as the battery issue. I started a battery drain thread in the tech board and someone pointed out that my task killer might be causing the problem. So I uninstalled it and so far the battery seems to be functioning better. I didn't use it today as much as I did yesterday, but even so, it's still not even close to as bad.

I don't use the Facebook app that's native to the D1, so maybe it's more than just one app issue?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Where is CK when I need him. He told me just yesterday that it wouldn't be FRG22 when I suggested it might be. Actually I said it would probably be.

Bah!! You can't believe a mod around here. Misinformation everywhere. If you don't here it from me, check and make sure they got it right. :icon_ lala:

I really hope CK sees this…..:icon_ devil:
Well......

I thought if they were going to halt the roll-out they would have pushed a build that was significantly different BUT in that same breath if they felt something needed to change so be it : )

my logic failed : )

I suppose there is a good reason for it

Last edited:
Reaction score
lol yep there was some ppl giving p3 a hard time about this and if i recall correctly a developer was to hmmmmmmm big apoligize need to go to p3 for sure. maybe more ppl will have a bit more faith in p3 now.

I'm not going to apologize for what I said. Being wrong in one instance doesn't make the point I was making any less valid. Prop's to P3 for getting it out (I even said this was a possibility just not one I was holding my breath on).

dwoid

Reaction score
As a developer it irks me that you guys come under fire at all. You and all the ROM builders are freely providing wonderful options to us geeks, and I really appreciate them all.

If we all would just exercise safe ROMming and do our backups, no one will get hurt trying these things.

P3, CZ and everyone else out there building and tweaking stuff, you all have my thanks; I'm loving my Droid because of all you've done.

Well a number of people said an apology was due, i disagree. Some people make a living or a point to always jump to the most negative, pessimistic view of things. We (the team) have never dumped crap out so we know what we do and as such are happy. As long as the community benefits, including those negative people this is all worth it.

carpenter_22

Reaction score
lol yep there was some ppl giving p3 a hard time about this and if i recall correctly a developer was to hmmmmmmm big apoligize need to go to p3 for sure. maybe more ppl will have a bit more faith in p3 now.

I'm not going to apologize for what I said. Being wrong in one instance doesn't make the point I was making any less valid. Prop's to P3 for getting it out (I even said this was a possibility just not one I was holding my breath on).

to each his own

scoder

Reaction score

You were wrong in more than one instance (drivers being the difference in this build, build not being official, build not being any faster/more stable than 01B, P3 releasing builds just to get credit for pushing out things with bigger numbers). This made the point you were trying to make absolutely invalid and made you look like a complete idiot.

Honestly, I think that warrants an apology or two. Or three.
Oh, and just for spite:
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Reaction score

You were wrong in more than one instance (drivers being the difference in this build, build not being official, build not being any faster/more stable than 01B, P3 releasing builds just to get credit for pushing out things with bigger numbers). This made the point you were trying to make absolutely invalid and made you look like a complete idiot.

Oh, and just for spite:
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

The fact that you HAD to wait till this was an "official" release to say any of this lets me know you don't really know whats going on either. This was never meant as an attack on you OR P3, and my references were specific to source builds (even though it wasn't necessarily clear in the posts). You need to read all of what was said and think on it instead of letting your emotions get the best of you. Of course you won't, and I'd rather not have mod's have to break this up so I'm not going to make this personal like you have tried to, so lets stay on topic lol.

scoder

Reaction score

Oh, and just for spite:

The fact that you HAD to wait till this was an "official" release to say any of this lets me know you don't really know whats going on either. This was never meant as an attack on you OR P3, and my references were specific to source builds (even though it wasn't necessarily clear in the posts). You need to read all of what was said and think on it instead of letting your emotions get the best of you. Of course you won't, and I'd rather not have mod's have to break this up so I'm not going to make this personal like you have tried to, so lets stay on topic lol.

Funny, I disputed your posts directly after you posted them, I didn't have to wait for it to be an official release.

mirandaryanne

Reaction score
I have been having trouble with my phone as soon as i did the manual update yesterday......is there any way to get it back to 2.1 so i can root it???? my friend has a rooted droid and its so much faster than my phone!

CharlieDog

Reaction score
I've been using the native fb app all day and my battery is still at 90%. I'm not using the 22 build though, and am unrooted.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been having trouble with my phone as soon as i did the manual update yesterday......is there any way to get it back to 2.1 so i can root it???? my friend has a rooted droid and its so much faster than my phone!

What type of maintenance do you do for your Droid? Do you clean the cache of your applications? Are you running a task killer? Do you have any antivirus?

All of these things can affect the Droids performance. There is nothing wrong with the update you received yesterday. It may be just that you have an app or two that's interfering with performance.

I'm not trying to talk you out of rooting. I'm just saying that with the new update you should see a noticeable upgrade in performance. If not, then something else is going on.

mirandaryanne

Reaction score

What type of maintenance do you do for your Droid? Do you clean the cache of your applications? Are you running a task killer? Do you have any antivirus?

All of these things can affect the Droids performance. There is nothing wrong with the update you received yesterday. It may be just that you have an app or two that's interfering with performance.

I'm not trying to talk you out of rooting. I'm just saying that with the new update you should see a noticeable upgrade in performance. If not, then something else is going on.
i cleaned the caches of all the apps i dont have a task killer i ran the anti virus thing last night i cleaned everything and then put my apps back on and its still really really slow. A lot a stuff isnt working or its working really slowly!

Technoman

Reaction score
Latest doesn't always mean Greatest. If i'm not mistaken FRG22 there is issues with Voice Search. I use Voice Search a good bit!

The issue with Voice search is now fixed. I ran into it last night and an adjustment was made to fix the voice search. Mine is working fine now. :)

Awesome, Thanks for the info!! Makes me feel much better.

If I am not mistaken, P3 stated that the voice search issue was caused when the files were deodexed... the issue was resolved by removing and then re-applying the deodex to the files.

It therefore should not exist in the OTA version of FRG22

Status
Not open for further replies.