Verizon Store refuse to exchange loose Slide Droid?

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
My experience with Verizon service mirrors many other in this thread. The phone support is the most helpful of nearly any company I've dealt with. Store support is OK, but waiting an hour to buy a screen protector is ridiculous!

About a year ago I spent WAY too much time waiting to talk to a customer representative only to be told that he could not help me. So, just for S&G I wrote a nice little email on the VZW website describing my experience and billed them for my time. Guess what: THEY ACTUALLY PAID ME!! :icon_ banana:LMAO They credited my account for something over $25 (can't remember exactly how much)

FireDroid

Reaction score
The 30 day guarentee is if you do not like the phone or the service and not because you dropped it and F*cked it up! That is my point, you feel entitled because they say a 30 day worry free guarantee!! They didnt say a 30 day if you eff up your phone guarantee!!

loribug26

Reaction score
Nope. I don't even slide the phone open. From my memory (the phone was returned so can't check now) it still have the black plastic cover thingy on the back of the screen.

I only removed the transparent sticker on the screen. Everything else I left it as it is.

I want to get another Droid but the Manager informed me that if I try to buy any phone from Verizon Wireless within 30 days I will be charged $35 restocking fee because I returned my DROID without any manufacturing flaw.

Go to another store, and if they give you the same BS call Verizon and complain.

Um yeah, I would sure be heading to a different store or calling customer service and asking for a CSM for sure!! Oh and it helps to talk to any one in the cancellation department, b/c if they think they might actually lose you, they usually buck up pretty darn quick. Good luck :):icon_ devil:

loribug26

Reaction score
sry some how missed the page where the OP said his problem had been resolved :)

olletsocmit

Reaction score
I had the same problem. The tech (75% of them do not know what the hell there talking about) was like it seems fine to me. he was like were not gonna do ne thing unless its like hanging off. BS

swickdick

Reaction score
The techs there don't know ****. They said my bricked phone was in ' eternal sleep mode' and replaced my phone. Pretty weak they wont even replace yours for the slider issue.

akj27

Reaction score
I, on the other hand, had a terrible experience returning my phone when calling them. When I returned my phone, they had charged me $318.74 just in case I didn't return my phone to them after they had shipped me a new one, well guess what? When I check my statement a few days after they had received my phone, they had only credited my account $212.56. I was furious and called them, the first person I spoke to on the phone told me they'd credit my account for the remaining. I waited 7 business days and nothing, so I call them back and the lady I talk to on the phone this time said they had no record of me ever paying $318.74 in first place, so I have to call my bank, have them call Verizon to prove to them they charged me $318 and then after all that the lady on the phone tells me they can't refund my account for the extra 100 and they'll send me a mail in rebate sort of thing. Absolutely terrible.

nyijedi

Reaction score
I, on the other hand, had a terrible experience returning my phone when calling them. When I returned my phone, they had charged me $318.74 just in case I didn't return my phone to them after they had shipped me a new one, well guess what? When I check my statement a few days after they had received my phone, they had only credited my account $212.56. I was furious and called them, the first person I spoke to on the phone told me they'd credit my account for the remaining. I waited 7 business days and nothing, so I call them back and the lady I talk to on the phone this time said they had no record of me ever paying $318.74 in first place, so I have to call my bank, have them call Verizon to prove to them they charged me $318 and then after all that the lady on the phone tells me they can't refund my account for the extra 100 and they'll send me a mail in rebate sort of thing. Absolutely terrible.

FWIW, I just exchanged my Droid over the phone for a new one. They charged me about $325, told me I would get credited back $225 upon them receiving my defective Droid, and told me to send in the $100 rebate. It sounds like the person you spoke with initially didn't fully explain what they were doing.