Verizon Store refuse to exchange loose Slide Droid?

JamesX

Reaction score
I just went to the Verizon Wireless Store today because my 5 day old Droid's slide is already loose.

The Manager of the store told me that this is normal wear and tear.

Even though the 3 other customers who were in line with me in the store, all have had their DROIDs longer, did not have this issue.

The DROID belong to a person who works in the store (which is also an older DROID) do not have this problem.

So the Manager refused to exchange the DROID for me. Luckily my DROID is only 5 day old so I just returned the whole thing.

Does anyone else have had a more satisfactory resolution to this problem? If so, what steps did you do to resolve it?

If not I guess I'll just wait for my contract to be over and change to iPhone or something. It was one of the worse customer service experience I have ever had.

Last edited:

Shad0w325

Reaction score
Don't let a horrible store manager ruin your Droid experience. Did you remove the plastic from the back of the screen? That has been known to cause a loose slide.

daddyd302

Reaction score
That is BS on the manager's part. This is not normal wear and tear. Something like this will happen, but later down the road like many many months later. This is not suppose to happen to a 5 day old Droid. I would complain about this to Verizon.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man but no mine works fine... try putting a case on it if you dont already have 1... I have a Seidio case on mines and it makes the sliding keyboard come out a little bit harder

roflcopters

Reaction score
I too had a less than satisfactory experience with Verizon, my Droid had a good bit of dust under the glass in less than a week. The store wouldn't change it out, but I am getting a replacement in the mail..new or not I do not know. It's really bothersome that people keep getting hassled by Verizon for trying to use what they are entitled to...so much for 30 day "worry free" period.

OP
JamesX

JamesX

Reaction score
Nope. I don't even slide the phone open. From my memory (the phone was returned so can't check now) it still have the black plastic cover thingy on the back of the screen.

I only removed the transparent sticker on the screen. Everything else I left it as it is.

I want to get another Droid but the Manager informed me that if I try to buy any phone from Verizon Wireless within 30 days I will be charged $35 restocking fee because I returned my DROID without any manufacturing flaw.

Echo3

Reaction score
Nope. I don't even slide the phone open. From my memory (the phone was returned so can't check now) it still have the black plastic cover thingy on the back of the screen.

I only removed the transparent sticker on the screen. Everything else I left it as it is.

I want to get another Droid but the Manager informed me that if I try to buy any phone from Verizon Wireless within 30 days I will be charged $35 restocking fee because I returned my DROID without any manufacturing flaw.

Wow. Great customer service. They rather lose a customer than to exchange it for a new phone to KEEP you as a customer. Just wow.

daddyd302

Reaction score

Go to another store, and if they give you the same BS call Verizon and complain.

ips

Reaction score
Ive found that phone support is usually fantastic while the stores are hit and miss. The stores by school are awful and I was really screwed over by the manager at one of them...and the stores by my house are usually not the best but ok. Every time Ive called VZW support they have solved my issue and helped me a lot. If you dont want them to send you the replacement ask them to note your account for something, the people in the store have to listen to something noted in the account by VZW phone support.

dtboos

Reaction score
Yah call Verizon. Don't let one retarded manager discourage you. I guarantee Verizon will make this right. One store manager =/= the company. Although I can also guarantee he will be given a talking to ;)

vegasdroid

Reaction score
I agree with the other posts. Don't mess with this fool, call Verizon customer service and you will have a new phone the next day. I had a problem with my droid, I called Verizon customer service at 6:30 in the evening, and my new Droid arrived at my door at 10:00 the next morning. The customer service reps were also very nice and helpful. I would also tell them about that Bozo manager. Every big company, no matter how good they are, can have bad employees working for them.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ditto on calling verizon. My phone was randomly turning off, so I went to the verizon store for an exchange since I was still within my 30 days. Gave me some gab about if they couldn't duplicate the problem they couldn't give me a new phone. Hello! Its random!! Ridiculous. :dry: Was going to just return the phone, but decided to give verizon a call. Dude was cool. Understood what I went through, had me a replacement next day air. New droid is working great. Stlll on 2.0.0 :).

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wish I could offer my services in all of these cases - I am an ex trial attorney and generally get whatever I want from these twits.

When I returned mine I had the same experience but I would not leave until it was replaced...

xjman349

Reaction score
I wish I could offer my services in all of these cases - I am an ex trial attorney and generally get whatever I want from these twits.

When I returned mine I had the same experience but I would not leave until it was replaced...

I love being a twit. :) Remember some of the people on here are the "twits" you are referring to. We are just here to help. Calling us twits is a bit rough but I am sorry you have had bad experiences making you feel this way. I do my best everyday to do the right thing for my customer.