Verizon Store refuse to exchange loose Slide Droid?

Reaction score
I wish I could offer my services in all of these cases - I am an ex trial attorney and generally get whatever I want from these twits.

When I returned mine I had the same experience but I would not leave until it was replaced...

I love being a twit. :) Remember some of the people on here are the "twits" you are referring to. We are just here to help. Calling us twits is a bit rough but I am sorry you have had bad experiences making you feel this way. I do my best everyday to do the right thing for my customer.

I don't think he was labeling all of you, but just the ones that aren't particularly helpful or sympathetic of the customer's issues. I've had great service in store with customer service so far :)

Tegamal

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the majority of the Verizon people around here ARE twits.

One guy I thought was really great at customer service turned around & tried screwing me over. I was in the store, looking around & I remember he was very helpful when my wife's Gleam was acting up. So we got to talking, & I told him I was planning on ordering a Samsung Rogue for her online, because they offered the instant $100 as opposed to the mail in one the stores offer. He told me he would do the same for me, but he would have to order the phone. I verified that it would NOT be a mail in rebate & he said "Yes, I'll match the online deal, I don't care.".

My wife & I went into the store the next day to give him her info to order the phone (which would be there the following day on Friday), & she asked him the same question, to which he answered the same. I felt this is great! This is how customer service should be.

Then I go to pick up the phone on my lunch break & he tries charging me $85 for the phone, to which we agreed with my NE2 & the INSTANT rebate, would be free. He then tells me "Oh, you must not have understood me, it's still a mail in rebate.". I was furious & left the store, then ordered it online. Well, they offer free overnight shipping, so IF I would have just ordered it on the Wednesday when this all started, she would have had her phone on Thursday. Well, here it is, Friday afternoon, so she had to wait until Monday to get it.

I know these people are there to make money & this is their job, but that doesn't mean you have to be a DB about the way you treat your customers. I'd think if you are good to them, they'd come back & get you more business then just thhe one time screw.

/rant off

OP
JamesX

JamesX

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone.

I followed the advice and called Verizon's technical support.

The person on the phone is shipping my replacement phone to me overnight without any additional charges.

He however did convince me to sign up with a 2 Year contract :icon_ devil: instead of the no contract I had originally intended.

But the experience is way better than the store.

Thanks for the help everyone. Much appreciated. Lets hope the next :motdroidhoriz: works better than my last one :)

Tekmazter

Reaction score
That's great to hear.

For anyone else experiencing a loose screen, I bought mine thru best buy and swapped it out without a hitch. Best Buy did a complete exchange for a new one on the spot. No questions asked.

I'm quite surprised by VZ giving you such a hard time. I have had nothing but good things to say about them in my experience so far.

OP
JamesX

JamesX

Reaction score
Could have just been a nasty manager.

It is the Verizon Wireless Store in West Covina's Westfield Mall (California).

I am never going to that Store again. Online/Phone support for Verizon is top notch - and made me give Verizon a Second Chance. I was going to drop Verizon and pay the termination fee for another carrier over the Store Manager's handling of my situation.

MikeZ

Reaction score
My droid went on the fritz and the touch screen stopped responding here and there at first. Then completely. Store did nothing, got the run around.
Called, spoke to a tech guy and a new replacement was being mailed out.

x25064

Reaction score
I am going to do this..

I dropped mine with the screen slid out (dumbass move) and now the screen is loose and taps against the base of the phone when closed and I am using the touchscreen. Really irritated me.

Eh, what do you expect from a motorola..

Great OS on the phone and great processor so I'll deal with cheap hardware. -sigh-

x25064

Reaction score
Ugh BS..

I don't know what you are all so happy about with 611, they told me I had to pay the $35 restock fee.

I don't know why I stay with Ver-nickleanddime-rizon honestly.

FireDroid

Reaction score
YOU dropped the phone and now it doesnt work to your liking??? You people that talk like this amaze me!!! The hardware is fine as long as you dont abuse it! There were no claims from Moto about drop test's or screen smash tolorences!!! By your logic, if i drive my brand new car into a wall it is crap because it will be all dented and not running right!!!!

Bottom line is be accountable for your actions and stop placing the blame on something or someone else!!! And people wonder why America is going to crap!!! With mentalities like this it's no wonder!!

FireDroid

Reaction score
Not BS, YOU dropped the phone and a $35 dollar fee is a drop in the bucket, you should be paying retail for a new one as it was not Moto or Verizon's fault!!! You people keep scamming the system and in the long run someone with a REAL problem will have a tough time getting one!!!

You dont like Verizon??? Well that is the great thing about America, go somewhere else!!!:icon_ devil:

x25064

Reaction score
Except I have a 30 day worry free guarantee bub, so I am entitled to exchange the phone when I damn well please within that 30 day bracket.

In your shortsighted ranting schpeal you seem to have left out that critical element.

Last edited: