Verizon starts their 4G ad campaigns... looking good

J

JohnDroid

[video=youtube;ED5j7FOXsvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5j7FOXsvU[/video]

One thing I've loved about Verizon has been their marketing campaigns. The Droid ads in particular have been good, high tech and full of the message that you get more for your dollar with their lineup. Conversely, the Apple campaigns have been simple and more 'elitist' to me. Whatever floats your boat, but my personal opinion has been that Verizon has done a better job.

Let's hope that their kick off of their LTE/4G Network will do the same. This first commercial is an "OK" start, but I think they can do better. Verizon should start rolling out 4G service en masse in December. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my local area is one of the early upgrade areas.

(Source: BGR)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
IMO, that commercial kind of sucked. I mean, hes excited to get it and in the end throws it away. Oh well, my DX isn't LTE compatible and won't be getting LTE in my area for ages I'm sure.

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
yeah, the commercial didnt really show off that tests have shown it to be 10x faster than sprint or t-mobile... I do however like the end part, 'the most advanced 4g network in the world'.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
meh. It was good for the first half. Throwing a lightning bolt kinda ruined it. Was expecting something like the Apple iPhone commercials. If they had stuck with a droid style commercial, like the DInc or D1, but cater to all phones, think it would start the hype up a little better. O well, I'm not on the creative board, just their customer.

Where can you find a map of early upgrades for 4G, and in what areas this will be available to first? Because I'm only a few miles outside of DC, I'm sure this area will very near the top of the upgrade list.

Thanks for story!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where can you find a map of early upgrades for 4G, and in what areas this will be available to first? Because I'm only a few miles outside of DC, I'm sure this area will very near the top of the upgrade list.

Thanks for story!

4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

Don't count on any particular 'areas' as much as being near/around one of the major airports that they're starting with. My work is within a mile of Nashville airport and it's scheduled to be serviced before the end of the year:icon_ banana:dancedroid just hope they release a decent Android phone to go with it.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I thought it was like 30 cities? It's airports? I go to college in philly but in summer live 45 minutes away, that's too far away to get 4g right?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

52brandon

Reaction score
I thought it was like 30 cities? It's airports? I go to college in philly but in summer live 45 minutes away, that's too far away to get 4g right?

I thought it was both. Like 30 cities and 100 airports

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

I thought it was both. Like 30 cities and 100 airports

It is, but it's more airports 'and' then cities, at least from my understanding, the city coverage will be centered around/in the airports and then go outwards (for those cities that are getting coverage). Not 100% sure but I know many of the cities on the roll-out list have airports near by. Case in point here in Nashville. Others (like Charlotte, NC) the airports are a good distance away from the 'city' and even though the airport is listed the 'city' isn't (and if it was just based on population or $$$ Charlotte would be on the list before Nashville). Time will tell though.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
IMO, that commercial kind of sucked. I mean, hes excited to get it and in the end throws it away. Oh well, my DX isn't LTE compatible and won't be getting LTE in my area for ages I'm sure.

Don't feel bad. I am in the Albany, NY area; and when EV-DO first rolled out, we were one of the last areas to get it. I don't see how LTE will be any different. I had my Moto E815 for months before I was actually able to use it to its full potential. I fear the same will be true when I get an LTE capable phone.

Nevermind that we're the capital of the freakin' state, when it comes to VZW services, we always get the good stuff last.

pjo1966

Reaction score
It's scheduled here before the end of the year, but as KZIWarrior said we need a decent 4G Android phone. I was going to pick up a Droid X last week, but decided to hold off until something 4G came out. I'm ready for an updrade from my Droid.

recDNA

Reaction score
I heard verizon will charge more to get 4G?
Anybody else hear different?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

everstar80

Reaction score
I'm glad that 4g and LTE is finally coming to vzw but why start these advertisements with no mention of phones that will be able to receive this service or upcoming phones this year and early next year that are capable;the majority of vzw customers aren't gonna see this in the next few months. I haven't heard of any estimated dates when the places that will get it. I hope that its soon and I hope the new devices they've released this quarter and devices coming next quarter are able to get this but its only speculation. But still hoping its soon.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
recDNA I heard the same as well. Not sure about prices tho. I'm glad to see that I'll be covered "by the end of 2010," they better get rolling, bout a month left. But yes I agree with everyone else, I want to see a gooood Android phone before I even think about making that switch.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Going from the press releases earlier in the year it won't be 'more expensive' as much as 'tiered'. Likely no 'unlimited' plans but several tiers depending on your needs. Which is fine for me because I could likely save a few bucks. Catch-22 might be that the ultra-high speeds might make going over the limits a lot easier if you do a lot of data intense stuff (like streaming videos and music). I use mine for basic work related tasks (email, doc sharing and editing and web browsing) so the tiers won't bother me as long as the prices are reasonable. That said if it's much more it won't be worth it for me either seeing as I don't particularly need the extra speed. I'm more interested in a far better phone (dual-coredancedroid).